Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

11 hours ago, Phil4Real said:

Hi Guys! First time in the forum!

Sadly, I also believe that the time of the tanking has arrived. I don't know if some players would happily agree to it, and I don't know either if we have the right coaching staff for the development process, but every week feels like hell trying to compete with all the injuries. 

I'm not sure about trading Vuc, at least until the end of the season. I wouldn't rush that decision. But I do think that Fournier should be traded while he still has some market value...

Greetings from Argentina!

Bienvenido!

7 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Anyone think buddy hield is still available?

Even if he was, why? And for what? If you want to tank how is adding a 28 year old shooter making $20M+  a good idea? And if you want to continue to try and compete this year Buddy is, at best, a very marginal upgrade at the 2 (personally don't think he's an upgrade at all).

My favorite Magic stories to read today are about how “The wheels have finally fallen off after the Aaron Gordon injury.” Uhhh.. the wheels have been off folks, we’re 2-11 in our last 13 games before the injury. One of those 2 wins was the Cole Anthony buzzer beater in a game we had no business winning.

• Like 1

I might cry out of relief when we finally break up our “core” of the last several years. Everyone, including those guys, needs a fresh start in some way.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

My favorite Magic stories to read today are about how “The wheels have finally fallen off after the Aaron Gordon injury.” Uhhh.. the wheels have been off folks, we’re 2-11 in our last 13 games before the injury. One of those 2 wins was the Cole Anthony buzzer beater in a game we had no business winning.

Ha I know. It wasn’t like AG was helping us win at all. If anything we might be better with him out. He’s just so disappointing. Hopefully we see more of Cole, Chuma and Bamba plus what ever young prospects we can trade in. 

1 hour ago, harley said:

Ha I know. It wasn’t like AG was helping us win at all. If anything we might be better with him out. He’s just so disappointing. Hopefully we see more of Coke, Chuma and Bamba plus what ever young prospects we can trade in. 

I think we tell Vooch to take the rest of the year off, showcase Evan until someone trades for him. Possibly send AG away at the  deadline as well

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I came to the boards this morning to see if we had a new team. Anyone else? Lol

I miss the speculation and frothing at the mouth of people on here years ago when moves were coming, driving people into half page rants