Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Start rebuild:

Trade Vuc for Smart (if he is healthy), Nesmith, Theis or Thompson and a first round pick.

So Smart could be our starting PG this year and our starting SG next year. I know our 3pt-shooting will be bad. But at least we would have one of the best D in the league.

2021/22

Fultz/Anthony/MCW

Smart/Ross/Nesmith

Isaac/Ross/Nesmith

Gordon/Okeke/Aminu

Bamba/Theis or Thompson/Birch

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RossMagic said:

Gordon out 4-6 weeks with a severe ankle sprain. This has surely forced our hand into tanking it, right? 

Yeah I think we pack it up, maybe we can give some other guys a burn as well

10 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Yeah I think we pack it up, maybe we can give some other guys a burn as well

Hopefully see some more Bamba time. Okeke not listed on the injury report for tomorrow apparently, it might be a huge few weeks for him if he can stay healthy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RossMagic said:

Gordon out 4-6 weeks with a severe ankle sprain. This has surely forced our hand into tanking it, right? 

This.  Playing to los...develop.  Trade Fournier. Career high year(starting SG previously averaging 13/game..smdh)   Maybe trade Vuc if he nets enough. I don't want to but if its 1st round + young pieces.  Start Bamba. Start Okeke. I said it after the Fultz injury, do we really think this team wins the trophy this year?  If not, development of young players is a must.  

Hi Guys! First time in the forum!

Sadly, I also believe that the time of the tanking has arrived. I don't know if some players would happily agree to it, and I don't know either if we have the right coaching staff for the development process, but every week feels like hell trying to compete with all the injuries. 

I'm not sure about trading Vuc, at least until the end of the season. I wouldn't rush that decision. But I do think that Fournier should be traded while he still has some market value...

Greetings from Argentina!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Phil4Real said:

Hi Guys! First time in the forum!

Sadly, I also believe that the time of the tanking has arrived. I don't know if some players would happily agree to it, and I don't know either if we have the right coaching staff for the development process, but every week feels like hell trying to compete with all the injuries. 

I'm not sure about trading Vuc, at least until the end of the season. I wouldn't rush that decision. But I do think that Fournier should be traded while he still has some market value...

Greetings from Argentina!

Welcome!

• Upvote 1

AG out 4-6 weeks, currently 5th worst record in the league (1.5 games ahead of Washington). Time to blow it up. Trade Fournier and Ross for picks and prospects, and honestly gotta consider dealing Nik. What a nightmare of a season 

• Upvote 1

Man this season has been a complete mess. I can’t believe how we started to where we are now. I agree with tanking though, but I wouldn’t give up all our pieces because we could be in a great spot next year with everyone healthy plus a top draft pick 

We don't even need to tank. We're already a bottom 10 team and we just lost our best wing defender and backup ball handler for at least a month. Sure trade Fournier because he's an unrestricted free agent in the summer but apart from that I'd just wait and see if we get any outrageous offers for anybody else. Otherwise we're in a decent position to bounce back next year when everyone gets healthy (fingers crossed) + a top draft pick (Cade please). 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree that we don't need to tank (and they won't anyway..) but waiting until we're healthy, thinking that's the only problem we have, it's the same illusion we create to ourselves every offseason, failing every time. IMO, a lot more than health is needed to transform this team in a serious contender.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I agree that we don't need to tank (and they won't anyway..) but waiting until we're healthy, thinking that's the only problem we have, it's the same illusion we create to ourselves every offseason, failing every time. IMO, a lot more than health is needed to transform this team in a serious contender.

Agreed with all points