Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

4 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

I can’t wait till this Front Office is gone. We’ve gone no where fast with their plan (or lack thereof). 

We need more aggression. Sitting idly by year after year isn’t going to cut it for a franchise that can’t seem to sign any notable FA’s. We need to make things happen, PERIOD. 

Hard to argue with this

Is there any reason why we dont look at getting Oladipo back? Since he was with us he has come leaps and bounds, only issue would be injuries. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not sure if it's already been posted but here's a great piece by Michael Pina at Sports Illustrated about where the Magic are:

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/01/27/orlando-magic-continuity-future

At least it wasn’t a hit job. Lol. Injuries have been devastating to this team, but they knew these guys (mo and isaac) were built like toothpicks. And Chuma was already hurt badly. So it’s a great excuse but also an easy out for management. 

And so far continuity has got this team to just below 500 in their best year. So we got that going for us. Hahahahaha 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not sure if it's already been posted but here's a great piece by Michael Pina at Sports Illustrated about where the Magic are:

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/01/27/orlando-magic-continuity-future

“Ultimately, you know your players better than anyone and you know how you value them better than anyone,” Weltman says. “There is value in continuity, but obviously if we feel there are other ways to improve our team we will execute those deals as they present themselves.”

I personally believing losing Fultz has lost us this year in terms of the playoff hunt. Nobody expected that injury. Still we need to move forward, and I believe the best way forward is to move some of our vets with value for young guys (e.g. Nesmith) with upside or picks. I hope WeltHam see the same thing.

By now anybody with any sense knows that this combo of vuch, ross, evan, and gordon is not going to be anything other than a bottom dwelling playoff team.

If WetHam choose to do nothing and ride till next draft, then they are the problem and they should NOT be choosing which direction this team goes. Period!!!

Here’s a weird stat that I’ve been thinking about the past couple of days.. we only have TWO of our own drafted players in the starting lineup (one being a rookie. Even worse we don’t have any on the bench (besides Bamba who never plays).

To me, this just screams bad drafting decisions and it’s so infuriating.

6 hours ago, Captain said:

Here’s a weird stat that I’ve been thinking about the past couple of days.. we only have TWO of our own drafted players in the starting lineup (one being a rookie. Even worse we don’t have any on the bench (besides Bamba who never plays).

Good (and disappointing) point

7 hours ago, Captain said:

To be fair that rises to 4 when we're healthy. (Isaac and Okeke). And 5 if Bamba ever cracks the rotation. And it's hard to blame that all on current management though when Rob Hennigan drafted Andrew Nicholson, Elfrid Payton and Mario Hezonja and traded Oladipo and the pick that became Sabonis. 

37 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

To be fair that rises to 4 when we're healthy. (Isaac and Okeke). And 5 if Bamba ever cracks the rotation. And it's hard to blame that all on current management though when Rob Hennigan drafted Andrew Nicholson, Elfrid Payton and Mario Hezonja and traded Oladipo and the pick that became Sabonis. 

To your first point, that’s part of the problem with WeltHam. The majority of our prospects can’t stay (or weren’t) healthy. If we throw in Fultz, Fultz, Isaac and Okeke will have missed at least a year of ball each in their young careers with very serious injuries. I’m not sure how we can have confidence in WeltHam based on their drafting history in Orlando.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

To your first point, that’s part of the problem with WeltHam. The majority of our prospects can’t stay (or weren’t) healthy. If we throw in Fultz, Fultz, Isaac and Okeke will have missed at least a year of ball each in their young careers with very serious injuries. I’m not sure how we can have confidence in WeltHam based on their drafting history in Orlando.

Past injuries don't necessarily predict future injuries. Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, MPJ. Those guys all missed their rookie seasons and have been fine (so far). Durant just missed an entire season and looks as good as ever. Steph Curry missed a significant portion of his year 3 season and then had 6 or 7 healthy All Star years. And to be fair to WeltHam, yes they drafted Okeke while he was injured but they couldn't possibly have predicted that either Fultz or Isaac would have ACL tears after they acquired them.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Okeke is not a starter if the team is healthy