Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Some of these posts are... Wow.

That’s what happens when you have years of mediocrity and are tired of the same regurgitated nonsense. It’s still early in the season and yes injuries have screwed this team over this year but it’s the same old song/dance and we are fed up with it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Some of these posts are... Wow.

I agree that some of those could be a little over the line... but at the same time, thinking season after season that we're going to be good, excusing all the moves that management does (or doesn't...), blaming injuries for all our woes when we were equally mediocre when healthy... it's just fooling ourselves, IMHO.

• Upvote 2

The thing that is driving me crazy are the Nets,Philly and to a lesser extent the Rockets and OKC

These franchises have made mistake after mistake. Especially Philly and the Nets. The Nets had  a decade where they gave up a ton to pay over the hill former all stars and still managed to find and draft assets and make the playoffs. Now they are going to destroy us for years. Kyrie and Harden are playing saturday by the way. 

Philly completely whiffed on several high draft picks,lol we have two of them. The two they hit on had huge injury concerns, which i guess could give us hope. One of the "hits" is a non shooter but is an all star and coveted trade piece. They have had two gm scandals, hired a third gm who sucks.Turned over the team twice since that first playoff run with Embiid.Acquired and lost a star. Went through a season with hardly any good shooters and made the playoffs. Hired another gm and here we are.

I look at that team and see at least 4 or 5 players who could drop 25 on a given night. 4 shooters, including the league leader, one superstar and at least 4 players who can be a point guard on any given night.

What are we doing? I'd say without hyperbole our two best players are Vooch and Evan. We've had them for 8 years and it took us 5-6 years to develop them. Our 3rd best player has taken 7 years to develop. 

It's insane.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jjgator said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30717575/kyrie-irving-fined-50000-rejoin-brooklyn-nets-saturday-five-day-quarantine

They are letting the ******* play Saturday.  That doesn't really seem like enough time. 

Good. Last thing we need is another's win against a depleted lineup giving Weltham a false sense of reality 

8 minutes ago, harley said:

Good. Last thing we need is another's win against a depleted lineup giving Weltham a false sense of reality 

A depleted team that would still have Kevin Durant and James Harden on it...

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

A depleted team that would still have Kevin Durant and James Harden on it...

And Kyrie will be back. We’ll be the first to see the new look Nets, ain’t we lucky?