Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I’ve known it’s Alex Martins fault because the Devos family’s gave him free reign to make basketball related decisions he had no business making. I even brought that up and got told by other posters I was wrong it was the GM’s fault. If we look through the history of the Magic and our ultimate shortcomings there are 2 contestant factors. Alex Martin’s and the Devi’s family who owns this team. Once both of those are gone we will be a competent franchise. Until then be happy with resigning Vuc/Fournier type players and trading away the meaningful assets. I’m still a die hard Magic fan but definitely not a believer in this Regime. 

A lot of other posters on here are like payton4thwin cult members.  They bow to him for some strange reason.  That is why I think Shaq needs to take over and own this franchise!  Everything he has done has been successful in bball, life, and especially business.  I have met him multiple times and he is the nicest guy.

1 hour ago, og magic fan said:

Thank you friend.  I agree with you what actually do we have.  Yes vooch is playing great.  But what is he as a second or third option when he is not able to jack up 20+ shots?  He is great being the best player on a below average team.  I say sell high on him right now.  I feel this franchise is so afraid of being bad again they won't take chances on the future.  Well here is the reality the rest of the east is coming and I am betting we will not make the playoffs this year.  So like you said clean house.  I would start with Alex Martins,  Jeff Weltman and Hammond.  Hire Shaq as president of bball operations with an agreement to eventually sell him the team.   

I’m not sure about the Shaq bit, but I’m all about selling high on Vooch. I’ve got to believe we will hit reset with all of our injuries and extremely low ceiling.

40 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I’ve known it’s Alex Martins fault because the Devos family gave him free reign to make basketball related decisions he had no business making. I even brought that up and got told by other posters I was wrong it was the GM’s fault. If we look through the history of the Magic and our ultimate shortcomings there are 2 contestant factors. Alex Martin’s and the Devos family. We’ve changed multiple coaches/players and yet we still come up with the same results over and over again. Once both of those are gone we will be a competent franchise. Until then be happy with resigning Vuc/Fournier type players and trading away the meaningful assets. I’m still a die hard Magic fan but definitely not a believer in this Regime. 

The reason no one wants to talk about the faults of the DeVos family and Martins is because the latter is not going to get fired and the former are not going to sell the team any time soon. So we can al complain about them but that isn’t enjoyable and there also isn’t really any room to speculate about future replacements

Yeah it’s first I have heard about the Shaq part? Is he on record as being interested? Why not? Anything  is better than what we have now. The most important beginning of turning the corner is to trade Vooch, Evan and Ross for picks/young players. Keep AG if we trade those 3. If we get a offer we can’t refuse for AG then trade him and keep one of Vooch/Evan. Has to happen surely. I been saying for this for 3 years though smh 

and like you said above I’m staggered at how many on here remain so positive and upbeat with our roster and moves? I have always been a magic fan but being from Australia I kind of dropped off for a while after Shaq and Penny years but last few years I been back and watched every game and geez my blood boils! Is there anyway that the FO have a members night where they can hear the fans frustrations? 

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m not sure about the Shaq bit, but I’m all about selling high on Vooch. I’ve got to believe we will hit reset with all of our injuries and extremely low ceiling.

I really hope we change directions.  As far as Shaq goes he brings instant relevancy to this franchise and let's be honest we are one of the most irrelevant teams in the league.  

2 minutes ago, harley said:

Yeah it’s first I have heard about the Shaq part? Is he on record as being interested? Why not? Anything  is better than what we have now. The most important beginning of turning the corner is to trade Vooch, Evan and Ross for picks/young players. Keep AG if we trade those 3. If we get a offer we can’t refuse for AG then trade him and keep one of Vooch/Evan. Has to happen surely. I been saying for this for 3 years though smh 

I might have been the only person on here who 100% agreed with you this whole time.  The Magic for years now have been reactive not proactive.  

3 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

I really hope we change directions.  As far as Shaq goes he brings instant relevancy to this franchise and let's be honest we are one of the most irrelevant teams in the league.  

Can’t argue 

• Upvote 1

Our front office is clueless.The Fultz gamble was super low risk and judging by the return Philly got, one of the only offers. Simmons was literally immediately unplayable and instantly out of the league. Think of the stiffs still in the league. And his contract wasn't the only non guaranteed contract being traded. All Philly cared about was creating cap space. He did not work out, sorry to be negative...he needed to stay healthy and produce and make strides. He stayed healthy for a bit but sorry Magic brethren he only started because Augustin is better as a back up. All of their draft picks were textbook mocked picks. Culminating with Bamba, at the time the 3rd best center picked when we drafted him. 4th best big man if you count Bagley. If your picking 6th do you pick a guy who is already 3rd or 4th best at his position?

We needed a point guard,shooting guard small forward the last drafts. So we drafted a project center, a hurt power forward and then in this last draft...finally a point guard. Because we had too! No backup. And now that backup is the starter. 

Unbelievable poort asset management. These guys are jokers. I want to stay positive but man even if we stayed slightly more healthy, Fultz was seriously flawed! You get a vet behind him, not a rookie. Even if Gordon hits, he is a power forward! Build a freaking team dip****s. 

Now we just signed two hurt players and Okeke is a non factor! Could have had Keldon or Okpala or even a college player of year with Clarke! 

Yeah maybe we even screw up and get Little or Porter jr, or Bazley but it just shows they do not even make the choices worth being wrong over.

Damn!

This goes back to Henny, I am more and more convinced he had a vision and the front office told him to hold the line, so he messed everything up and went back to Presti. After giving up our best assets. Not saying he was good, more of a scout, not a gm. His last few moves make no sense unless he was in some sort of clash with ownership. So in comes weltham and they are told to hold the line. 

I realize how my posts sound and I guess I could be banned but I'm soooo upset with the Magic and the NBA.

• Upvote 2

We are the east coast Kings and even they backed doored into Fox and Halliburton. Watch them rise up once Harrison is off the books and they give up on Bagley.

• Like 1

So I was just looking at this.  Back in 2012 the nets went all in on the big three and it failed...  They gave up a whole lot of capital to the Celtics.  Fast forward 2019 they land Kevin Durant and Kyrie.  Now 2021they get James Harden and sell the farm..  My point is they are aggressive and make moves.  During the same time frame we have done absolutely nothing that matters!

• Like 1

Magic center Mohamed Bamba stayed in Orlando rather than traveling to Boston for the Magic’s Friday tilt against the Celtics due to the NBA’s coronavirus health and safety protocols, according to Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel (Twitter link).

Robbins notes that Bamba’s absence is a result of “non-team contact tracing,” though Bamba himself has not tested positive for COVID-19.

The 6-5 Magic are currently the No. 5 seed in the East, mostly behind the play of starting center Nikola Vučević, guard Terrence Ross and forward Aaron Gordon.

Bamba’s absence may not have much of an on-court impact for the Magic. The 22-year-old reserve big man out of Texas is averaging 5.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 0.5 APG and 0.5 BPG across a career-low 8.3 MPG in four games for the Magic this season.

Bamba previously contracted the coronavirus in June and struggled to recover through the beginning of the NBA’s Orlando-based summer restart to the 2019/20 season. At the time, he dealt with significant symptoms, including fatigue, muscle soreness, and a temporary loss of his senses of taste and smell.