Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

12 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Actually it looks like things are happening quickly. I hope Orlando is in on the Philly trade somehow.

What Philly trade?

As usual 4 team trade and Magic no where to be seen. Pacers get a good two guard signed for two more years, cheap. Houston gets our old boy, Cavs get a center better then Bamba. Nets get Harden who will constantly drop 50 on our team. Nothing for us.

To J-mac, you guys were way ahead of me, was last minute offer from Philly i saw. If the 3 picks and 4 pick swaps are correct it blew away the Philly offer.

Yogi Ferrell waived by the Cavs after the trade. After i listened to Josh Robbins this morning, he said the magic won't waive anyone since all 15 contracts are guaranteed. Also said the Covid injury exception won't work for us because we have MCW and Evan coming back soon. According to him we can't even do a ten day with 15 contracts on the roster.

24 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

What a trade! Craziness. I’m shocked Houston didn’t go for Simmons, Maxey and picks.

Yup Crazy trade.They went for the full rebuild. The first 2 pick swaps won't convey and the first two picks will be late rounders. Pretty good bet the next two pick swaps and first rounders are just as good as Boston had the last time. History has a weird way of repeating itself.

The ESPN website has gone to **** the last few years but they already updated the trade machine. It shows Harden,Kyrie and Durant making over 113 million alone. Looking at the remainder of the roster i just don't see it. Its real bad. I mean, Harris has been real good this year but not great, he is not a classic two way player. Jordon  has been ok but he lost the starting job to Allen. After that pure crap. Once they get an injury exception for Dinwiddie they have 13 players, so i can see them picking up some waived players.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

What a trade! Craziness. I’m shocked Houston didn’t go for Simmons, Maxey and picks.

I think Houston fully opted for the reset option. All 3 players they got are expiring, they even swung Levert for Oladipo to guarantee that. Combine that with 8 future picks and they just opted to nuke the whole thing

10 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I wonder if we tried to get in on that deal by offering Fournier and a pick for Levert.  I assume Houston will try to flip Dipo for additional picks at the deadline.

Houston is going to go all out to lose this year and retain their protected pick. Despite the OKC trade they own their own picks in 2022 and 2023. They are going to tank and tank hard and probably pay the minimum salary the next 3 years. Whatever the salary floor is, i'm betting Tillman Fertitta is going to fill his pockets back up. At least our team spends money.I feel a little bad for Wall and Wood. Oh well being millionaires takes the sting out of it.

9 hours ago, hootie249 said:

As usual 4 team trade and Magic no where to be seen. Pacers get a good two guard signed for two more years, cheap. Houston gets our old boy, Cavs get a center better then Bamba. Nets get Harden who will constantly drop 50 on our team. Nothing for us.

To J-mac, you guys were way ahead of me, was last minute offer from Philly i saw. If the 3 picks and 4 pick swaps are correct it blew away the Philly offer.

How exactly could the Magic have been involved? Which team would you have suggested they outbid in which part of the trade?