Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Name one young player in the league you’d like the Magic to pursue using one or more of our vets (e.g. Vooch, Gordon, Fournier, etc) in a trade?

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Name one young player in the league you’d like the Magic to pursue using one or more of our vets (e.g. Vooch, Gordon, Fournier, etc) in a trade?

I don't follow enough games outside the Magic ones to make those names, but management and scouts should. :)

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Wouldn’t mind Zach Lavine

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Your boy Buddy Hield wouldn’t be a bad option either. Not sure what his contract looks like though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Your boy Buddy Hield wouldn’t be a bad option either. Not sure what his contract looks like though. 

Nah, after we talked about it last season i watched some games. He's not worth it. Buddy at best is Ross but paid more. Maybe a  bit more consistent shooting the 3 but worse then Ross at everything else right now. He can't even dunk like Ross. Ross is better at everything else right now, because he worked on his game. 

Zach was a good option last two years, he's not going anywhere right now...unless the Bulls trade for Harden.

I don't think we make even a small trade, but wouldn't put it past the Magic swinging something when i least expect it. Our team construction leaves us very little room for a lateral trade. Mostly the injuries. 

That being said, i can see two good trades with Philly if this season keeps going. Depends on if Harden goes to Brooklyn or Philly. I could see a few trades with us if they want to go all in this year and sacrifice some depth. They are loaded. Not going to post any ideas just yet because its controversial, just go look at their roster.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Either him or Caris Levert. But it’s unlikely CHI would trade him now and Levert will probably end up in HOU... 

Not Magic related but Hector Bellerin Arsenal F.C player released 8 video episodes on his youtube channel of what he went through when he did his ACL. Shows what sportmen go through when an inury like this happens all the way up to him returning. It's a good watch, lot of info on ACL's, the surgery, the mental impact of an injury like this and such. Gives a good perspective on what Isaac and Fultz will be going through and the journey they will be on to make their returns to the Magic team.

https://www.youtube.com/c/HectorBellerin/videos

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This trade looks...ridiculous. It's only good for the Pacers and Cavs. Brooklyn wont win **** losing 3 of 4 of the best depth they had. LOL at the 7 picks.  Houston gets crap but i guess the picks make up  for that.No way Dipo stays there. 

Would be awesome for the Pacers. I guess the Cavs would let Drummond leave but they still have to pay Allen next year.

Before anyone chimes  in, Lavert,Dinwiddie,Allen and Harris were the biggest reasons they made the playoffs last two years. I would  bet full strength Harden and Durant can carry them to the playoffs but not win it. I wouldn't trust Kyrie as far as i could throw him. Not mentally or physically.

I had to edit no way a trade like this makes sense unless The Rockets are gunning for number 1-4  in this years lotto.