Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

18 minutes ago, harley said:

Wizards just lost Bryant for season? Trade then Vooch for a Rui or Deni plus Bryant? Not sure if the financials 

The only team i see where it would make sense for them to trade for Vooch right now is Charlotte. Notice i said, right now. Almost impossible since we are division rivals. Vooch would  be an incredible upgrade for them right now and fits the timeline before they have to pay Lamelo and Bridges.They also have the cap space to absorb Vucevic's contract without completely matching salary. It also wouldn't happen However, they are a prime candidate to be one of the  first teams to make a trade this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Horton-Tucker would of been nice at 45 in the 2nd round.

Other than Vooch he would be our best player. And prob give us a reason to watch smh 

Something to consider about the Magic's situation is that we actually don't have an open roster spot to sign a PG. We could apply for one because of all our injuries but then as soon as one Fournier, Okeke or Aminu came back we'd have to waive somebody. 10 day contracts can't be signed until sometime in February either. So basically this is our roster unless we make a trade and I doubt many teams are looking to make a trade this early in the season. 

The NBA has made a small adjustment to its roster rules for the 2020/21 season, allowing teams to sign players to 10-day contracts via the hardship provision before the annual window for standard 10-day signings opens, according to ESPN’s Bobby Marks (Twitter link).

As we outlined earlier today, the hardship provision allows a team hit hard by the injury bug to add an extra player to its roster if that club has four injured players who meet certain criteria. The Grizzlies are the first team this season to be granted a hardship exception.

A player signed via the hardship provision later in the season would receive a 10-day contract. But since 10-day deals can’t be signed until January 5 in a normal league year (February 23 this year), players signed via the hardship provision before that date receive minimum-salary contracts that are non-guaranteed but cover the full season. Once those players are cut, their cap hits are adjusted to reflect the amount of days they were under contract.

As Marks explains (via Twitter), allowing teams to sign players to 10-day contracts via the hardship provision earlier in the season opens the door for a hard-capped team to add a player. The cap hit for a 10-day contract worth the veteran’s minimum would be just $110,998 — even the teams that are closest to the hard cap would be able to squeeze that figure onto their books. A number of those teams wouldn’t be able to sign a player to a standard (full-season) minimum contract yet though, even if the contract is non-guaranteed and they’re granted a hardship exception.

Additionally, Marks notes, the rule tweak gives teams some protection in the event of a major injury. If a player suffers a season-ending injury while on a 10-day deal, he’d be owed the rest of his 10-day salary — if he suffers a season-ending injury while on a non-guaranteed standard contract, he’d be owed his full-season salary.

Players are typically only permitted to sign a maximum of two 10-day contracts with the same team in a single league year, but a 10-day deal signed using the hardship provision won’t count against that limit, tweets Marks.

The Cavs just signed Yogi Ferrell using this rule

21 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I was aware of this but I think my brain had underestimated how many injuries we had and how bad they are. I counted 5 injuries 2 of which were questionable but there are 6 injuries and only 1 of them is questionable (I forgot Okeke and thought MCW was questionable for the Dallas game for some reason). So yea we could totally qualify for this if we wanted to. 

19 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This^. Common sense does not exist anymore, with fewer and fewer exceptions. Come on people. “On court transmissions are low risk” seriously wtf have we become, an intelligent species? 

Its ok to be right in someone’s face and sweat and spit as long as you are playing basketball, football, soccer, etc. but you can’t meet with relatives or go to the store or pretty much any dam thing else without covering your face. 

Tell me what will it take for reasonable thinking to actually become the norm again?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I wouldn't mind seeing us use the rule to sign Mudiay to a 10-day contract or two, or at least until we get another guy or two back - like MCW.

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This^. Common sense does not exist anymore, with fewer and fewer exceptions. Come on people. “On court transmissions are low risk” seriously wtf have we become, an intelligent species? 

Its ok to be right in someone’s face and sweat and spit as long as you are playing basketball, football, soccer, etc. but you can’t meet with relatives or go to the store or pretty much any dam thing else without covering your face. 

Tell me what will it take for reasonable thinking to actually become the norm again?

This!!!!