Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

tomorrow nights game might be in trouble if this spreads

And not only tomorrow...

I clearly feel sorry for Markelle, after all the troubles ha had in the past, that's a different kind of recovery, but I hope he'll be ready for that, he has already passed through tough times.

I feel more sorry for the future of our Magic team, as I fear that all those injuries will lead to another year of EVALUATING, something that in my vision is going to be another wasted year.

Even worst would be if management decide to make a trade only to stay competitive and be 8th seed again. Would be a perfect year to sell high our veterans IMO and tank one season, but I doubt that will be the path they choose.

I don't obviously wish injuries to any player/person, but it would have been a lot more interesting, hipotethically for our future, to have the young group healthy instead at this point and see what they can do together. We have long term injuries to all the players recently renewed... very bad situation to be in.

A trade of Vooch to the Nets, Celtics or even Warriors for a young gun and a pick makes a lot of sense. I’m not sure WeltHam want to mess with the chemistry that’s been built, but the ceiling of our current (healthy) roster is average at best.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

A trade of Vooch to the Nets, Celtics or even Warriors for a young gun and a pick makes a lot of sense. I’m not sure WeltHam want to mess with the chemistry that’s been built, but the ceiling of our current (healthy) roster is average at best.

I agree but I doubt the FO is thinking that way, they’re probly fine with being mediocre playoff teams which is understandable but we’re never gonna get to that next level that way...

58 minutes ago, King Close said:

I agree but I doubt the FO is thinking that way, they’re probly fine with being mediocre playoff teams which is understandable but we’re never gonna get to that next level that way...

Its going to be a rough month. Maybe, Just maybe somebody makes them do something. We have so many injuries, when we get a covid scare i don't think we will have enough players to play. I know a few games have been postponed already. Will those games wind up being forfeits? It's going to be difficult to fit them in.

What a weird year. We just need a break. If we can just get Bamba and Chuma healthy and getting minutes. 

32 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Its going to be a rough month. Maybe, Just maybe somebody makes them do something. We have so many injuries, when we get a covid scare i don't think we will have enough players to play. I know a few games have been postponed already. Will those games wind up being forfeits? It's going to be difficult to fit them in.

What a weird year. We just need a break. If we can just get Bamba and Chuma healthy and getting minutes. 

Bamba is about as healthy as he can get, but Birch and Vucevic are both playing way too well to get Mo any burn. We need to trade one of the 3 and at this point Mo’s the obvious odd man out.

2 minutes ago, harley said:

Wizards just lost Bryant for season? Trade then Vooch for a Rui or Deni plus Bryant? Not sure if the financials 

It's going to be a bloodbath as far as injured players and covid cancelations. I think the large majority of the entire NBA will have similar records in March at the trade deadline. How will this effect trades this year i have no idea. Who knows what teams will be thinking.