Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

You know what as currently constructed I'm not sure Beal would give us much more. Like if we literally subbed him for Evan. We are projected as a 35 win team so with luck a 40 win team even with Beal. Have you watched him play defense? So we win a few more games and sometimes our guys are more open because Beal draws the defense. Would we hit those open shots? 

Just tired of this team...for so many years to watch Fournier, Vuc, Gordon, other limited awkward players, it is a torture...and no future at all...I do not see great potential in Okeke or Cole. Fultz jumper will stay the same forever, which means his shoulder is a mess. Isaac is too fragile and very limited offensively as well. Bamba is the bust...we must reshape this team completely. But the FO is also a problem...we sign players like Bacon and Ennis and MCW who were on their way out of the league...we never tried to sign Rondo, Rose, Carmelo, Cousins even f...ing Howard. They all would be better than Clark, Birch, Augustine etc 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Babir_9 said:

Just tired of this team...for so many years to watch Fournier, Vuc, Gordon, other limited awkward players, it is a torture...and no future at all...I do not see great potential in Okeke or Cole. Fultz jumper will stay the same forever, which means his shoulder is a mess. Isaac is too fragile and very limited offensively as well. Bamba is the bust...we must reshape this team completely. But the FO is also a problem...we sign players like Bacon and Ennis and MCW who were on their way out of the league...we never tried to sign Rondo, Rose, Carmelo, Cousins even f...ing Howard. They all would be better than Clark, Birch, Augustine etc 

I want us to trade for James Harden. Let him, Ross and Vucevic jack up as many shots as they want and maybe we can upset someone in the East, while being 1st on offense and 30th on defense.

If the Harden experience goes wrong, at least he only has 2 yeara on his contract and will be very tradeable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

At most you can carry 1 guy that completely sucks at shooting at a time on the court, having MCW, Birch, Gordon, Fultz to a lesser extent Bacon all playing decent minutes is very hard. God help us when Aminu is in the mix as well.

5 minutes ago, BBROSS said:

At most you can carry 1 guy that completely sucks at shooting at a time on the court, having MCW, Birch, Gordon, Fultz to a lesser extent Bacon all playing decent minutes is very hard. God help us when Aminu is in the mix as well.

The issue is they are also not great at creating their own shot. Birch can’t post up, no offensive moves. Gordon can’t drive and usually ends up with the TO, low bball IQ. Fultz missed 2 dunks already with minimum contact from defenders, not stable jumper, can’t finish hard most of the time, too shaky. MCW has a floater in his arsenal but terrible jumper and he is not shy to shoot it. Bacon should be 12-13th player on an NBA team, any team.

27 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I want us to trade for James Harden. Let him, Ross and Vucevic jack up as many shots as they want and maybe we can upset someone in the East, while being 1st on offense and 30th on defense.

If the Harden experience goes wrong, at least he only has 2 yeara on his contract and will be very tradeable.

Any change of scenery would be great. But most probably we are going to extend Evan and draft another long guy with no offensive game and bad knees.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m up for anything different. They would have to leave us with Fultz, Isaac as if it goes pear shaped we still have a couple of nice young pieces. We can always trade Harden later too. They would have to accept AG, Aminu, Cole, and Bamba plus two first round picks. Leaves us with Fultz, Fournier/Ross, Harden, Isaac/Okeke, Vooch. Eh worth a shot I guess. 

Whoa seems quite negative early on in the season, I personally liked how we played for the first 4 games and played team ball. The other games seemed a bit more individual, I understand that we have played this same record for the past 4 years however I like the way Cole is playing. As much as it is one dimensional we need to play most offense through Vooch as he is our most consistent player and he is usually good for a double double every night. Founier and AG is probably the 2 I would look at trading for something different, even though AG has great athleticism I think he has run his course in Orlando same as Fournier. Bamba I mean if he is bored of basketball let him go or play him in G League see if anything changes, Issac as much as I want him to succeed he and when he is on the court looks good seems a bit too broken to be anything impactful. Ross is going to be Ross and I knew what he was when he came to our team and I dont mind him being the extreme scorer from the bench but we have to realise he is going to have some bad nights of 15% shooting. Fultz I see taking another step forward but not ever living up to the #1 pick status which I think even if he hits 80% of that is fine. I dont really have that high of expectations for the team this year and maybe scrapping into 8th again would be it. I just hope if we look like we may crack 5th of 6th FO will trade for some better pieces. 

Everyone take a deep breath. If we’re still playing like this around the deadline, I believe we’ll choose a direction and split this crew up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Everyone take a deep breath. If we’re still playing like this around the deadline, I believe we’ll choose a direction and split this crew up.

This is what I am waiting for. Dismantle the parts that aren't the future. I didn't expect the 4-0 because we never follow through and I want Markelle to have a great year, but we can't just ignore that getting a franchise player isn't a need.