Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh I’m sure he has quite the story... I definitely wouldn’t be excited about Harden here, but I’d convince myself it was ok if Weltman went for it.

don’t think he will though. That’s chemistry suicide and goes against every thing he’s done so far with us

I mean I guess I could convince myself to get excited I mean it is James Harden but like you said it is Chemistry suicide and I’d take it a step further and say it’s Franchise suicide especially with what this fan base has gone through with players leaving for bigger market teams. It would be a circus the whole time he was here and I wouldn’t want any part in it.

14 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Can the lakers lend us THT for one night since he is getting zero minutes in L.A.?

Wouldn’t it have been better to just draft the guy and let him play for us? Oh wait... lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We have chances to improve or at least try to improve... I hope we use Fournier expiring contract, Gordon’s good contract and get at least different players...I think we have chances to get Beal, I would be ok with Lavine...

So, Ross has a hamstring injury, Fournier has back issues, Okeke apparently tweaked the same leg that he tore his knee in, Ennis has a knee, Mo apparently got a head injury before the game or else he would’ve played tonight... so... are we super snake bit or do we have the most incompetent training and health staff in the nba? Feel like snake bit is a 1 year excuse unless we’re just unlucky 

41 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, Ross has a hamstring injury, Fournier has back issues, Okeke apparently tweaked the same leg that he tore his knee in, Ennis has a knee, Mo apparently got a head injury before the game or else he would’ve played tonight... so... are we super snake bit or do we have the most incompetent training and health staff in the nba? Feel like snake bit is a 1 year excuse unless we’re just unlucky 

It is mighty early in the season for this.  Makes you wonder if durability will be a problem for us going forward.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:26 PM, Babir_9 said:

We have chances to improve or at least try to improve... I hope we use Fournier expiring contract, Gordon’s good contract and get at least different players...I think we have chances to get Beal, I would be ok with Lavine...

You know what as currently constructed I'm not sure Beal would give us much more. Like if we literally subbed him for Evan. We are projected as a 35 win team so with luck a 40 win team even with Beal. Have you watched him play defense? So we win a few more games and sometimes our guys are more open because Beal draws the defense. Would we hit those open shots?