Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Guys did anybody just see Bacons insta story? 

He wrote:

Honestly it might be time to give this up and get on with the rest of my life. I'm tired of this bull****

I did not, but that doesn’t sound good. Can’t let him turn into a locker room cancer. 

First of all, I acknowledge as I must that I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys ... but I got a question: is Markelle way of playing last night, making himself the Magic's main and principal shooter, the way y'all would want him to play every game? is it the way a PG is expected to play? or would he be expected to share the ball more often (21 FG attempts and only 2 assists)? there probably were more passes that, had his team mate scored, could have become assists ... and maybe his play last night was contingent upon the way the Wizards were playing him, and him taking advantage ... what do y'all think?  

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Guys did anybody just see Bacons insta story? 

He wrote:

Honestly it might be time to give this up and get on with the rest of my life. I'm tired of this bull****

There's nothing certain that this is basketball related. He could be having relationship trouble or something like that.

He's averaging a career high in mins through 3 games with 3 starts so if this is about basketball he's delusional.

1 hour ago, Johnny Castaway said:

First of all, I acknowledge as I must that I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys ... but I got a question: is Markelle way of playing last night, making himself the Magic's main and principal shooter, the way y'all would want him to play every game? is it the way a PG is expected to play? or would he be expected to share the ball more often (21 FG attempts and only 2 assists)? there probably were more passes that, had his team mate scored, could have become assists ... and maybe his play last night was contingent upon the way the Wizards were playing him, and him taking advantage ... what do y'all think?  

Markelle did have a lot of open looks from guys playing off of him/going under screens. Also he was played by Raul Neto most of the night (Westbrook was off), so he had a pretty obvious size/strength advantage most of the night. I actually thought that he did a good job of keeping the ball moving, and I think he had a lot of "hockey assists" - plays where he made the initial pass that gave someone else a good chance to get the assist. I do wonder why we didn't see AG at all in the fourth quarter, but instead saw Gary Clark for 9 minutes. We played the last three minutes with Vuc and four wing/backcourt MCW/Fournier/Fultz/Ross(Bacon). 

• Upvote 1

The Thunder host Utah tonight. We’ll be catching OKC on the second night of a back-to-back tomorrow. That needs to be a win again and go 4-0!

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Markelle did have a lot of open looks from guys playing off of him/going under screens. Also he was played by Raul Neto most of the night (Westbrook was off), so he had a pretty obvious size/strength advantage most of the night. I actually thought that he did a good job of keeping the ball moving, and I think he had a lot of "hockey assists" - plays where he made the initial pass that gave someone else a good chance to get the assist. I do wonder why we didn't see AG at all in the fourth quarter, but instead saw Gary Clark for 9 minutes. We played the last three minutes with Vuc and four wing/backcourt MCW/Fournier/Fultz/Ross(Bacon). 

AG was on a minutes restrictions and the only reason he didn’t play in the 4th. We are trying to be smart and not overwhelm our guys especially since AG was out of the playoffs with that injury. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

AG was on a minutes restrictions and the only reason he didn’t play in the 4th. We are trying to be smart and not overwhelm our guys especially since AG was out of the playoffs with that injury. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. 

I did wonder if that had something to do with it, but I hadn't seen anything about it anywhere; and I tuned in a little late so if they said it early in the game I probably missed that. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I did wonder if that had something to do with it, but I hadn't seen anything about it anywhere; and I tuned in a little late so if they said it early in the game I probably missed that. Thanks for the heads-up!

Yeah no problem! They said it towards the beginning of the game so I can understand how you missed it. It’s just super impressive we are winning games and it’s because of the bench playing like one of the best in the league so far. Once the starters play consistent the league will have to take notice. 

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Yeah no problem! They said it towards the beginning of the game so I can understand how you missed it. It’s just super impressive we are winning games and it’s because of the bench playing like one of the best in the league so far. Once the starters play consistent the league will have to take notice. 

I agree - though ESPN doesn't seem to be impressed, we are still down at #18 in their latest Power Rankings, despite beating Miami (#5) in the season opener. Incidentally, they did not drop at all despite losing to us (ranked #19 at the time)?!?