Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Let’s see...he looks too small to defend PFs and too slow to keep up with SFs. And yes, on offence he is just lost...hopefully he gets better with the time, so far I do not see much potential 

I feel like I see him flying around the floor to cover multiple people and fill in the gaps when others miss assignments. Here he is covering a guard:

31d8f7ae6b2b024e8e725da9e57a66b7.gif?cw=

35 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Okeke is going to be excellent. 

Mark my words as long as he has good health 

Hope so, his college highlights are nice.

right now he looks a bit out of shape and nervous, especially on the offensive end.

25 minutes ago, HeartAndHustle said:

I feel like I see him flying around the floor to cover multiple people and fill in the gaps when others miss assignments. Here he is covering a guard:

31d8f7ae6b2b024e8e725da9e57a66b7.gif?cw=

Can you show one possession when on the fast break he decided to shoot a 3 but lost a line and took a long 2 which he airballed? Or when he was spinning without any progress around himself just waisting time? Awkward miss on the short jumper from the corner? Badly missed free throw? (Wizards game)

23 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Can you show one possession when on the fast break he decided to shoot a 3 but lost a line and took a long 2 which he airballed? Or when he was spinning without any progress around himself just waisting time? Awkward miss on the short jumper from the corner? Badly missed free throw? (Wizards game)

There’s gonna be positives and negatives just like any rookie ever, you can’t point to one specific moment to prove he’s gonna be good or bad we just gotta wait and see. 

edit: and hope for the best. 

27 minutes ago, King Close said:

There’s gonna be positives and negatives just like any rookie ever, you can’t point to one specific moment to prove he’s gonna be good or bad we just gotta wait and see. 

edit: and hope for the best. 

Definitely. 

1 hour ago, Babir_9 said:

Your argument would make sense if I had said, "he's a flawless basketball god". I'm saying in general I feel like he is hustling on defense. For a rookie that hasn't played basketball in a long time, that makes me happy.

Where is everyone watching their Magic games? DISH has a block through 1/9/2021 which sucks. I have not seen any games. Is purchasing League Pass really the only way for those providers who have blocked access? 

56 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Where is everyone watching their Magic games? DISH has a block through 1/9/2021 which sucks. I have not seen any games. Is purchasing League Pass really the only way for those providers who have blocked access? 

I read somewhere that they didn’t reach a deal with FSFL, which if true sucks. Haven’t been able to watch a game yet so I’m not sure, but I’m also curious where it will be televised if the FSFL news is true. 

edit: looks like FSFL is still streaming the game, not sure about the DISH blackout since I got Spectrum, but that really sucks. 

4 hours ago, HeartAndHustle said:

Your argument would make sense if I had said, "he's a flawless basketball god". I'm saying in general I feel like he is hustling on defense. For a rookie that hasn't played basketball in a long time, that makes me happy.

Yes, we-Magic fans are happy with basic things ) if our first rounder hustles on D it is great )

Guys did anybody just see Bacons insta story? 

He wrote:

Honestly it might be time to give this up and get on with the rest of my life. I'm tired of this bull****