Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Watched first half vs Hornets yesterday. Chuma does not look good...maybe he is still out of shape but nothing special yet...turnovers, slow on both ends, can’t drive...hopefully he gets better.

Cole has great potential and must get playing time for sure. 

Gordon plays as usual...2 good plays then 2-3 stupid ones...looks like he will never get smarter...at least in Orlando. Maybe a great coach can use him better one day and teach him how to play efficiently.

3 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Watched first half vs Hornets yesterday. Chuma does not look good...maybe he is still out of shape but nothing special yet...turnovers, slow on both ends, can’t drive...hopefully he gets better.

Cole has great potential and must get playing time for sure. 

Gordon plays as usual...2 good plays then 2-3 stupid ones...looks like he will never get smarter...at least in Orlando. Maybe a great coach can use him better one day and teach him how to play efficiently.

In the second half he had some real positive moments including a drive and contested finish, a neat pass to Cole for a 3 and a defensive possession where he covered an insane amount of ground on help defense. Rookies are in an unprecedented situation anyway and combine that with Chuma returning from injury and it's always going to be uphill for him this year. All we can hope for is that both he and Cole show flashes and make progress as the year goes on.

21 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

In the second half he had some real positive moments including a drive and contested finish, a neat pass to Cole for a 3 and a defensive possession where he covered an insane amount of ground on help defense. Rookies are in an unprecedented situation anyway and combine that with Chuma returning from injury and it's always going to be uphill for him this year. All we can hope for is that both he and Cole show flashes and make progress as the year goes on.

We should temper our expectations for Chuma this year based on those points you mentioned above. I like the flashes I’ve seen so far from him though and hope he continues to develop and progress as the season goes on. His set 3 shot looks good he just needs more live reps and continue to shoot with confidence.

Cole definitely had the best pre-season out of all rookie guards and arguably all rookies in general with Devin Vassell as the only other guy to really stand out. Needs to improve decision making and fouling but his offensive game is already quite advanced:

11 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I don’t know if I’m late to the party on this but I’m on the Cole Anthony train.

I can’t remember the last time we had a young player with an offensive game we could get excited about, even if it is preseason.  

• Upvote 1

Is it just me, or is our second unit really exciting? I feel like they're just flying around out there. I know some of it is new guys scrambling to be in the right spots, but I find the hustle really fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HeartAndHustle said:

Is it just me, or is our second unit really exciting? I feel like they're just flying around out there. I know some of it is new guys scrambling to be in the right spots, but I find the hustle really fun to watch.

I agree they play with a ton of energy.