Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

My expectations aren't that high this year, but ranked the 5th worst team in the league seems a little extreme.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/12/17/22179397/nba-power-rankings-part-1

As to the article itself, I think the impact and upside of Cole and Chuma could make Fournier and Gordon expendable. Just as we saw with trading EP, I especially believe trading Fournier will be a breath of fresh air for the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

As to the article itself, I think the impact and upside of Cole and Chuma could make Fournier and Gordon expendable. Just as we saw with trading EP, I especially believe trading Fournier will be a breath of fresh air for the team.

YES! trade Fournier ... long overdue!

That ESPN article this week about Harden being all about Harden was so illuminating. I wouldn’t want him in Orlando... and I wouldn’t want him if I was a contender. What made guys like Jordan and Kobe champions was not simply demanding the best from themselves but also demanding the best from their teammates. And this mantra extended to practice, film study, etc. Harden doesn’t seem to understand that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Johnny Castaway said:

and speaking about trades, would anyone do this^ ... I wouldn't ...

I would. Actually suggested that same package before.

I think Houston could get better young players for him though

35 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I would. Actually suggested that same package before.

I think Houston could get better young players for him though

I might have considered it, until I read the article about him flying to Vegas, and the disrespect for other people’s time/effort. It is great that he can play as well as he does on that kind of laid back approach, but most players can’t - so the effects on team culture must be immense. I’m not sure a Harden-led team can win it all. He may be a great guy, but that’s not what you need in a leader. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I might have considered it, until I read the article about him flying to Vegas, and the disrespect for other people’s time/effort. It is great that he can play as well as he does on that kind of laid back approach, but most players can’t - so the effects on team culture must be immense. I’m not sure a Harden-led team can win it all. He may be a great guy, but that’s not what you need in a leader. 

I agree with you haha. Harden used to be one of my favorite players when he was a backup in OKC, but he’s clearly a stat padder who under performs in the playoffs. The reverse Jimmy Butler

I still think a Harden + Vucevic team could have a great offensive ceiling and maybe contend for the ECF.

But it’s true, unless Harden fixes his personality, he won’t be winning anything in the deep waters.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don't expect us to use this because it would put us in the tax but it's nice to have it just in case.

If we traded James Ennis mid season without taking any salary back for example we could then use this to add a player on a 1 year deal via trade or free agency. 

EDIT: I should say I do think James Ennis is a prime candidate to be moved at the deadline if Okeke and Bacon look good. Any playoff team with some injuries at forward would probably be happy to throw a couple of 2nds our way for Ennis to sure up their rotation.