Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Seriously just wake me up when Ross, Fournier and Vooch are off this team. Ross chucking Hail Marys playing selfish basketball already. 

• Upvote 2

I think the days of the Magic dominating the bottom feeders of the East are over.  We will win our share but almost all of those teams have improved on some level even if it is just from a coaching change like in Chicago.  Last year we were 14-4 against teams lower then us in the East, 19-36 vs. the rest of the league.

• Like 1

Something I just thought of, we might do better this year at home if we keep this fan background noise. Cause we know how bad it got when teams like Miami, Boston, or La would come to town.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Didn't watch the game but I'm not going to worry about preseason. I'll save my massive overreactions for when we lose in the regular season. 

I promise that there aren't going to be overreactions from my part, as my expectations are already so low that I only could be positively surprised (I HOPE!!!) :P

My expectations aren't that high this year, but ranked the 5th worst team in the league seems a little extreme.

26. Orlando Magic

Chuma Okeke has been out of sight, out of mind this past year after a torn ACL ended his rookie season before it even began. But his name shouldn’t be forgotten, especially now that he’s back and ready to play in his first NBA campaign. The league will see a 6-foot-8 forward who impacts winning, something the Magic desperately need. Okeke’s talents have already been utilized well in the preseason: They’ve run offense through him on the elbows, an area of the floor that’ll allow him to shoot, attack off the dribble, or find a cutter like he does in the play below: 

Okeke is the type of player who won’t make it onto too many highlight reels, but he is good enough to make the Magic front office question who they actually want to keep around long term. If Okeke excels, their crowded frontcourt rotation will begin to overflow. Could Aaron Gordon become available? What would that mean for Mo Bamba? Or would Nikola Vucevic, their best player, turn into their best trade asset? Okeke could be the player who sets off Orlando’s dominoes.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/12/17/22179397/nba-power-rankings-part-1