Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Headed to the game on January 24th against the Hornets. Should be a fun one watching Lamelo and Hayward play alongside our rookies. Excited Magic basketball is almost back and we can actually go to the games!

Hayward has a broken finger, a lot of bad luck for hum recently, hope he'll recover in time for... you to see him play! :)

16 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

But will he actually play acceptable defense?  Doubt it. 

***** that just teach him to shoot with his feet set and dunk more. I don't mind a bench player being all offense. I always get mad because i know how fast he is and can see an open lane. Ditto him being wide open and taking the shot too quick like Kwahi is closing in on him. I hope he sells out for offense. Just have good form and make a pass if it's 22 seconds on the shot clock, the ball will get back to you.

19 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

***** that just teach him to shoot with his feet set and dunk more. I don't mind a bench player being all offense. I always get mad because i know how fast he is and can see an open lane. Ditto him being wide open and taking the shot too quick like Kwahi is closing in on him. I hope he sells out for offense. Just have good form and make a pass if it's 22 seconds on the shot clock, the ball will get back to you.

Lol. Yes but by now, he is what he is. Great game followed by 3 inefficient ones. He’s just not good in the way we use him. We rely way to much on him. He should never be the focal point of your offense. Unless he is making shots, one of every 4 games. 

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Lol. Yes but by now, he is what he is. Great game followed by 3 inefficient ones. He’s just not good in the way we use him. We rely way to much on him. He should never be the focal point of your offense. Unless he is making shots, one of every 4 games. 

I'm hoping Ross will get better shots up when he's not the only guy on the second unit who can score. Cole is a playmaker and scorer, and Chuma can at least space the floor.

• Like 1

First year he was here, after being traded from TOR, he was actually more valuable on defense than offense. Defense is often a mental thing. I really haven't understood the green light he got recently, especially considering that coach Clifford value the defense a lot. It's ok to be the focal point from the bench, but you've to earn it playing on both sides of the floor with the same intensity, IMO.

13 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Hayward has a broken finger, a lot of bad luck for hum recently, hope he'll recover in time for... you to see him play! :)

No don’t tell me this lol! Hopefully he recovers in time for the game. Either way it’ll be nice to see the boys live in action once again. 

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

I’m surprisingly pumped to watch the game tonight. I want to see our young guys and Fultz.  

Yeah I am with you, I have liked Cole and Fultz . Also AG has play pretty well so far.