Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

30 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I didn't see the game either - I couldn't find it - but I would tend to agree with CTMagic, it appears that Chuma (and Gordon) were under minutes restrictions while they are rehabbing/getting back into game shape. With only 4 pre-season games, it feels much more important to get our "regular" rotation guys back into the swing. Plus, he is working Anthony, Okeke, Bacon all into the rotation; none of whom were with the team last season. It's hard to work more than three new guys into your rotation. Since it looks like we will be starting the season without the following:

Bamba (?), Ennis (?), Aminu (?), Ross, Isaac - working in the rest of the guys on the roster does seem to make sense. Plus our 2-way guys are both backcourt players, and our injuries/illness are mostly front-court, so that works against them. Could he have played MCW less, and given some minutes to Bone or Mane? Possibly, but maybe he felt it was more important to let MCW play through and get back into the "swing". 

I think Ennis will be fine for the regular season based on what I read about him earlier in the week. 

I also saw Horton-Tuckers stat line, wow. Considering what our non Terrance Ross bench players have been like, i don't know how we keep trading these guys away. SMH.

57 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I also saw Horton-Tuckers stat line, wow. Considering what our non Terrance Ross bench players have been like, i don't know how we keep trading these guys away. SMH.

Not familiar with Horton-Tucker.  Was he a second rounder or something?

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Not familiar with Horton-Tucker.  Was he a second rounder or something?

46th pick by the Magic 2019. Traded away for cash i think.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:35 PM, hootie249 said:

46th pick by the Magic 2019. Traded away for cash i think.

Despite many mock drafts having him as a late first-rounder, Horton-Tucker fell to us at 46 - I was ecstatic - then we practically gave him away. :-((

I was really surprised too, since he is a 6'4" guard with a 7'1" wingspan; I really felt like he was tailor-made for our front office. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Despite many mock drafts having him as a late first-rounder, Horton-Tucker fell to us at 46 - I was ecstatic - then we practically gave him away. :-((

I was really surprised to, since he is a 6'4" guard with a 7'1" wingspan; I really felt like he was tailor-made for our front office. 

If this guy turns into a star it will make me sick. 

Headed to the game on January 24th against the Hornets. Should be a fun one watching Lamelo and Hayward play alongside our rookies. Excited Magic basketball is almost back and we can actually go to the games!