TrueMagicFan07

RD 1 - GAME 5: 2020 Playoffs - Magic vs Bucks - Saturday 8/29 @ 3:30 PM

To be honest I don’t care if they play or not.  This whole weird format, no fans, teams out of mid season form, along with playing in August, never appealed to me to begin with.  I haven’t watched any of it.  

I still read these boards because I enjoy the discussion and I actually find out the result of the games by reading each game thread :) .

My hope is that we will see something of a return to normalcy by next season, but at this point I’m not really counting on it.  

WMnKeH.gif   --  (Play will resume Saturday August 29, 2020) 

Game Time:     3:30 PM     

TV:  ESPN                                               

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

To be honest I don’t care if they play or not.  This whole weird format, no fans, teams out of mid season form, along with playing in August, never appealed to me to begin with.  I haven’t watched any of it.  

I still read these boards because I enjoy the discussion and I actually find out the result of the games by reading each game thread :) .

My hope is that we will see something of a return to normalcy by next season, but at this point I’m not really counting on it.  

I honestly kinda liked the bubble playoffs more than the regular ones

• Like 1

Aaron Gordon leaves the NBA bubble due to injury

It appears that Gordon's season is over

By Mike Cali  Aug 27, 2020, 9:10pm EDT

The Magic announced Thursday that Gordon has left the NBA bubble because of the strained hamstring he suffered during the seeding games.

Gordon has not played during the Magic’s first round series against the Bucks, which they trail 3-1 and are expected to resume at some point this weekend.

Gordon suffered the injury during the Magic’s third seeding game against the Raptors, when Kyle Lowry hit his arm during a drive to the basket and AG landed awkwardly. Lowry was called for a flagrant foul and the two later exchanged words. Gordon initially remained in the game but soon exited and hasn’t been back on the court since.

“He just can’t run or sprint up and down the court,” Clifford recently told reporters. “Then the other concern is, because of the nature of the injury, the one thing we’re being very careful with is we don’t want something to happen where he compensates and injures something else or ends up with a significant injury.”

Link:   https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2020/8/27/21405003/orlando-magic-aaron-gordon-nba-playoffs-injury

12 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I honestly kinda liked the bubble playoffs more than the regular ones

They've done a good job trying to simulate the attendance (and making it funny), but a real game played in front of 18.000 people is another thing, the athmosphere is different, and the home court advantage has to matter.