TrueMagicFan07

RD 1 - GAME 5: 2020 Playoffs - Magic vs Bucks - Saturday 8/29 @ 3:30 PM

10 minutes ago, Anfernee1 said:

Magic are not accepting the Bucks forfeit 

I get why they might not, to show solidarity. On the other hand, the Bucks obviously didn't say anything to the Magic players ahead of time, or they wouldn't have been on the floor warming up for the game. I can't criticize the decision to not accept the forfeit; but I do think it was a little disrespectful of the Bucks not to let the Magic know ahead of time.  

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The Rockets and the Thunder are boycotting Game 5. Just reported on ESPN.

I guess no basketball today unless Lakers-Trailblazers decide not to boycott 

Just now, jmmagicfan said:

I get why they might not, to show solidarity. On the other hand, the Bucks obviously didn't say anything to the Magic players ahead of time, or they wouldn't have been on the floor warming up for the game. I can't criticize the decision to accept the forfeit; but I do think it was a little disrespectful of the Bucks not to let the Magic know ahead of time.  

I agree 

39 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I get why they might not, to show solidarity. On the other hand, the Bucks obviously didn't say anything to the Magic players ahead of time, or they wouldn't have been on the floor warming up for the game. I can't criticize the decision to not accept the forfeit; but I do think it was a little disrespectful of the Bucks not to let the Magic know ahead of time.  

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure we won't get a W for the game (probably asking for one would be in poor taste), but not letting the Magic know about the boycott was in poor taste as well.

5 hours ago, Anfernee1 said:

I guess we will find out when they are playing again unless they decide to cancel the playoffs due to boycotting

This might very well be the end of the season. How that impacts whether they get paid or not, and what happens with the CBA, the salary cap, and how the owners react going forward is going to be very interesting. 

8 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Agree, i applaud their decision not to play... but dont be a douchebag and let the other team knows, the Magic players were all warming up while the bucks were sitting on their couches watching some TV... very disrespectul