TrueMagicFan07

RD 1 - GAME 1: 2020 Playoffs - Magic vs Bucks -Tues. 8/18 @ 1:30 PM

52 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Babir, I hate to say this. . .and I love Gordon. . .but it's amazing how the Magic beat the bucks without some of our best players. And the final score was not even close.

I think it caught the Bucks off guard. And the guys (Magic replacements) who were starters, also those coming off the bench, had no pressure on them. They played freely, with heart and hustle. (Heart and Hustle 2.0) 

I'm really sorry for posting this but this is exactly the problem with the Magic the whole rebuild. Getting locked into players and starting line-ups.So many times we should have been transitioning between back-ups and bringing in real challengers to the starters.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

I'm really sorry for posting this but this is exactly the problem with the Magic the whole rebuild. Getting locked into players and starting line-ups.So many times we should have been transitioning between back-ups and bringing in real challengers to the starters.

Obviously you aren’t really sorry or else you wouldn’t have

Hate to say it but this is what happened last year against Toronto we won the first one and then lost the series. I hope it is not a repeat but gotta keep grounded and focus on the next game. 

2 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Hate to say it but this is what happened last year against Toronto we won the first one and then lost the series. I hope it is not a repeat but gotta keep grounded and focus on the next game. 

I think the Magic can steal at least one more game. Look at it this way, the Magic does not have to leave their environment. Every game is a home and home game in the bubble because the Magic are in familiar surroundings--still at home-- being the Orlando area. This gives them momentum. 

Also, the match ups were good for Vuch in this first game against the Lopez brothers, which was in Vuch's favor.

6 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I agree that it's still more likely than not we lose the series but last year we won game 1 on a game winning shot from DJ Augustin. This year we pretty much lead the Bucks for most of the game and won comfortably. That at least bodes well for being more competitive in the next 4 than we were against the Raptors and maybe taking another game.

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I agree that it's still more likely than not we lose the series but last year we won game 1 on a game winning shot from DJ Augustin. This year we pretty much lead the Bucks for most of the game and won comfortably. That at least bodes well for being more competitive in the next 4 than we were against the Raptors and maybe taking another game.

Yeah that is true and also agree with TMF07 with having the home on home games in our favor. We just need Fournier to do something more consistent as well as Ross being that scorer off the bench. 

35 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Yeah that is true and also agree with TMF07 with having the home on home games in our favor. We just need Fournier to do something more consistent as well as Ross being that scorer off the bench. 

That's what was great about this win. I think we all presumed that to win a game we'd have to have huge games from everybody but TRoss didn't hit a single 3 (though he got to the rim and had some huge rebounds) and Fournier didn't show up until the 4th quarter.