TrueMagicFan07

RD 1 - GAME 1: 2020 Playoffs - Magic vs Bucks -Tues. 8/18 @ 1:30 PM

19 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think this will be a good opportunity for the front office to realize that we need a retool, and a change in the faces that are our leaders on the court.

Getting absolutely embarrassed could be a good thing, like the once great footy club of Barcelona getting owned 8-2

I hope that they don't make their evaluation on a single game, but if that's the case like last year, expect a huge extension to Vuc's contract! :D

Seriously, I'm another time divided between the joy of the victory, and the fear that FO will be convinced that we just need to wait and see, while recovering some injuries...

I've honestly appreciated more the victory in Toronto last season, even if this one was more clear. Making it on a hostile court, with a last shot... don't know, it's a bigger one for me. This Bucks team looked like it wasn't in playoff mode still (not a good signal for their future), while Toronto was very much into it.

27 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I hope that they don't make their evaluation on a single game, but if that's the case like last year, expect a huge extension to Vuc's contract! :D

Seriously, I'm another time divided between the joy of the victory, and the fear that FO will be convinced that we just need to wait and see, while recovering some injuries...

I've honestly appreciated more the victory in Toronto last season, even if this one was more clear. Making it on a hostile court, with a last shot... don't know, it's a bigger one for me. This Bucks team looked like it wasn't in playoff mode still (not a good signal for their future), while Toronto was very much into it.

Yeah, that was probably the most shocking winning performance I've seen from this team and I've been on this forum since 2010 hahaha.

We're usually really bad when we miss 1 or 2 players, but Vuc stepped up big time.

I'll just wait and see what happens in the next few games

I really enjoyed this victory because Fultz got the start and played great. He’s still only 22 and has an unlimited ceiling. And Vooch balled out with Fultz, which is promising. Then I loved seeing Ennis and Clark play their roles perfectly, which is a credit to them, WeltHam and Cliff. 

Meanwhile, I don’t see how Fournier fits this team long term. He’s not long or athletic for defensive purposes, which seems to be the WeltHam calling card, and his offensive game is limited. As long as we have Fultz’s ball handling and penetration skills, Fournier’s value is not that high. I think he’s a very interesting trade piece. 

Edit: Cue Afernee saying Fournier has no trade value :)

• Like 1

I'm also happy for the experience that Markelle is doing, it's just a shame that it's not in real full arena's, because that's a whole different pression and difficulty.

I've also liked coach Cliff decision to be proactive in that situation.

. . .there were general lapses uncharacteristic of the Bucks, and two consecutive Orlando possessions midway through the fourth quarter -- as Milwaukee was mounting a run -- that told the story.

First, Terrence Ross curled off a weakside perimeter screen on the left side and caught a pass on the move from D.J. Augustin. Without a dribble in open space, Ross attacked the rim untouched for an easy slam. Less than a minute later, Ross curled off a stagger screen on the right side and caught a pass on the move from Augustin. Without a dribble in open space, Ross attacked the rim for an easy layup.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on an elite interior defense.

Link: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29691282/nba-playoffs-real-not-biggest-concerns-game-1

DJ and Ross tandum! Hahaha!

Two unsung heroes of the game. . .'old vets' quietly doing work.

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Edit:  Two back-to-back 'quarterback and running back' plays (by DJ and Ross) in that series

Honestly i love the win and i'm  glad Vucevic received so much love on sports shows. He really deserved it being the best player we have had since Dwight.

Year in and out the guy plays hard. Let's do go Magic!

7 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Honestly i love the win and i'm  glad Vucevic received so much love on sports shows. He really deserved it being the best player we have had since Dwight.

Year in and out the guy plays hard. Let's do go Magic!

I disagree when he wants to he plays at an elite level but when he is off he is atrocious to watch I think it was the start of the 2017-2018 season he was just a body on the floor for us. 

2 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I disagree when he wants to he plays at an elite level but when he is off he is atrocious to watch I think it was the start of the 2017-2018 season he was just a body on the floor for us. 

I have to agree with you. We never know which Vuch we're going to get or show up, and he didn't show up in the last  few games of the 'restart'. He bricked a lot of 3 pt. attempts and missed 6 to 8 ft shots. He was not aggressive in rebounding the ball either.

Watched game 1 a 2nd time tonight, mainly just to see if it was an outlier in our performance or if it was something sustainable we could build off of. Biggest takeaways are we have to keep spreading the floor on O and stacking the paint on D. Also, there are no direct offensive performances I expect to get significantly worse. Actually, I expect DJ, T and Evan to all shoot better. Add to that the chance AG might be back and we could have a punchers chance at really putting the pressure on Milwaukee tomorrow. I don’t expect a win, just don’t get blown out and I’m happy

I get you guys, i do was just trying to give a little props to our team. The biggest take-away from both playoff seasons. Our players are very inconsistent. Some are also ball stoppers, most of them play hard despite what's been said. We need more shooters and once DJ and Evan are gone more ball handlers. So basically nothings changed in 6 years, but especially these last 3.

I have a real good  thought for all of you, something to think about our management.

In that impressive win the other night, none of this managements last 3 draft picks played. Also the biggest free agent they acquired did not play.

Think about that. 

No Isaac,Bamba,Chuma and no Aminu. Yeah Fultz was there from that mid-season trade. I give them no props for Fultz, at all. The media at the time said nobody else offered them anything better. Knowing the crap we gave them, how can we give Weltham points for that trade? 

And i will tell you of all those players the only one i want is Isaac. I don't like Bamba or Aminu and even though i haven't seen him i wouldn't have drafted Chuma.

Going by the fact that they drafted a forward i would have drafted Clarke,Johnson,Okpala or Williams in that order before drafting a player who wasn't going to play.Now the fact that we have his rights for 4 years will be huge, if he is good. Which who the hell knows? He didn't play, this still bothers me.

This isn't even using hindsight. If i am going by the rookies i saw this year i wish they would have drafted Thybulle, Bazley or Keldon Johnson again because i think one of them will be a star and the other two will be useful starters for ten years.

Now of all those players acquired by our current management, the only one i'm 100% sure i like is the one i'm 100% sure just had a career altering injury. The rest i'm unsure about.Even Fultz, who is a huge question mark.I'm not even hating on him, he will probably be the number 1,2 and 3 reason i watch Magic games next year.