Soul Bro

2020 Official Playoffs Thread

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jamal Murray is insane. 

Yeah he is incredible. I watched the game until the 4th last  night and fell asleep. Lakers seemed done by then. Checked the box score, as usual team that won shot 3's better. At least the lakers only took 26 3's. I hate when teams are missing badly and toss up 40 attempts anyway. The bubble is just the perfect storm for shooters. 

16 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jamal Murray is insane. 

Since the bubble began I've been wondering is this just a streak in a place where there's little outside life or distraction or is this a young dude turning a corner who is going to lead the league in scoring once James Harden starts to decline.

The Heat finals run reminds me a bit of our playoff run in 2009 where a lot of teams didn't think we were much till we beat them. Was our run arguably harder having to go through a tough Boston team and a Lebron lead Cavs team? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

The Heat finals run reminds me a bit of our playoff run in 2009 where a lot of teams didn't think we were much till we beat them. Was our run arguably harder having to go through a tough Boston team and a Lebron lead Cavs team? 

I'm 50/50 because it's still a bit debatable that we would have beaten the Celtics if they had KG. I used to argue that it didn't matter because we had Jameer out too, but I honestly just don't believe anymore that he was anywhere as vital to our success as KG was to Boston's for those couple of years. He scared the bejesus out of opponents until 2010. We didn't have to worry about that given Dwight scared the s*** out of everyone else most nights but both Dwight and Jameer had moments where they just didn't perform up to standard and not having to deal with KG being so consistent and unfazed was a massive help. The rest of our guys that year were streaky as well... not complaining though because I miss those days when we had guys who would at least perform most of the time instead of once in a blue moon.

I'm torn between not wanting the Lakers to win because it's the Lakers and not wanting the Heat to win because I'm already sick of Magic fans saying "look at what Miami have done to rebuild why can't we be like that". 

• Upvote 1

I’d be curious to see what the viewership has been for the NBA playoffs. 

Personally speaking, I normally watch every playoff game. However, this year since we got bounced, I haven’t watch a single complete game  

Considering I’m a huge NBA fan normally and I have no interest watching the playoffs. I speculate the NBA’s numbers are way down. 

• Upvote 1

That was some Iverson game 1 carry job from Jimmy Butler. What a monster. 

Probably the greatest individual performance I've ever seen and one of the all time great Finals performances. 

• Like 1

Think about how foolish Chicago, Minnesota and Philly must feel watching Butler. It sounds like Butler can be disruptive on a team, but give me the guy who is disruptive because he’s passionate about winning over guys who care about other things. 

• Like 1