Soul Bro

2020 Official Playoffs Thread

1 hour ago, og magic fan said:

Can this season be over already!  As a Magic fan I hate the Heat but I hope they make it to the finals.  The reason why is I hope it reminds us of how we are nothing compared to them now and historically.  Our ownership and management is just satisfied to get into the playoffs as an 8th seed meanwhile Riley is scheming down there to add talent in the future to that roster and give the Heat their 4th title in franchise history.  We as Magic fans should expect and demand better!

Just saying... what do you think Miami have been doing the past 5 years while waiting for ways to retool... because unless I'm blind they've been running the mediocre treadmill too.

7 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Just saying... what do you think Miami have been doing the past 5 years while waiting for ways to retool... because unless I'm blind they've been running the mediocre treadmill too.

But they had a plan.  Are you confident we do?  Do we have Pat Riley?  Quit making excuses and settling for mediocrity at best.

23 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

But they had a plan.  Are you confident we do?  Do we have Pat Riley?  Quit making excuses and settling for mediocrity at best.

Having Pat Riley isn't a plan. 

No excuses, again, just saying.

This front office has been in charge for all of 3 seasons. They were told to be as competitive as possible while trying to get the whole ship righted. I think they've done that. Miami may have Riley but that wouldn't even be a thing if they didn't draft Wade all those years back. Since Lebron left them high and dry they've been treading water making do with what little they've had.

I just don't think outside of saying they've been shrewd that they have been anything special in terms of moves. And you can only deal with the pieces you have. Will say they are better coached though because frankly they aren't going to win anything but they're actually competitive just about every game.

1 minute ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Having Pat Riley isn't a plan. 

No excuses, again, just saying.

This front office has been in charge for all of 3 seasons. They were told to be as competitive as possible while trying to get the whole ship righted. I think they've done that. Miami may have Riley but that wouldn't even be a thing if they didn't draft Wade all those years back. Since Lebron left them high and dry they've been treading water making do with what little they've had.

I just don't think outside of saying they've been shrewd that they have been anything special in terms of moves. And you can only deal with the pieces you have. Will say they are better coached though because frankly they aren't going to win anything but they're actually competitive just about every game.

Riley is plotting and planning for the right moment to strike trust me.  And yes having someone like Riley is a plan because he makes the plans that produce chips!

1 minute ago, og magic fan said:

Riley is plotting and planning for the right moment to strike trust me.  And yes having someone like Riley is a plan because he makes the plans that produce chips!

I'm just going to throw it out there that I ... can't bring myself to respond to this at all.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I'm just going to throw it out there that I ... can't bring myself to respond to this at all.

I love the idea that Pat Riley is the only executive with a plan. 

• Upvote 1

Sucks the season could be over. The off season is going to suck too from what i heard. Keeping it simple, things like the draft and free agency won't happen until both sides negotiate a financial plan for next season. And before they can hammer that out they need to know if fans will attend games.

TL;DR            Do not expect a normal off season. No free agency, no draft until the money is renegotiated.Probably not until next year is what i'm reading in some places.

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Sucks the season could be over. The off season is going to suck too from what i heard. Keeping it simple, things like the draft and free agency won't happen until both sides negotiate a financial plan for next season. And before they can hammer that out they need to know if fans will attend games.

TL;DR            Do not expect a normal off season. No free agency, no draft until the money is renegotiated.Probably not until next year is what i'm reading in some places.

This is crazy. Meanwhile Sweden never locked down and have 1 death all month. When are people going realize. 

Decide what is going to be our future people. Gloom and scared shirtless of every thing. Or enjoy normal life and understand that life is inherently dangerous. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This is crazy. Meanwhile Sweden never locked down and have 1 death all month. When are people going realize. 

Decide what is going to be our future people. Gloom and scared shirtless of every thing. Or enjoy normal life and understand that life is inherently dangerous. 

Lol Sweden have one of the best health care systems in the world. The United States do not. And Sweden have still had more deaths per million people than the US. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Lol Sweden have one of the best health care systems in the world. The United States do not. And Sweden have still had more deaths per million people than the US. 

So we shouldn’t listen to one of the best health care systems?  And how about trending deaths. Also unfair to compare in deaths per million between a country of 10 million to a country of 330 million. You can fairly compare say New York State to Sweden. Then how do the numbers look?

But then while your doing that compare how many businesses have closed for good between  NY and Sweden. Then all the suicides from the lockdown. Unemployment etc. etc. etc. 

19 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So we shouldn’t listen to one of the best health care systems?  And how about trending deaths. Also unfair to compare in deaths per million between a country of 10 million to a country of 330 million. You can fairly compare say New York State to Sweden. Then how do the numbers look?

But then while your doing that compare how many businesses have closed for good between  NY and Sweden. Then all the suicides from the lockdown. Unemployment etc. etc. etc. 

The health care system didn't make the decision. And deaths per million is exactly the way to compare.