Soul Bro

2020 Official Playoffs Thread

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I can’t remember a bigger comeback / shocking result than Denver coming back to beat the Clippers, who were the Vegas favorites to win the title.

Epic collapse by the favorites and amazing turnaround by the underdogs.

Wondering how long Jamal Murray’s wingspan is smh...

Lol tbf we never had a shot at Murray. He was taken in 2016 where we made that legendary draft night trade for Serge Ibaka. *Vomit*

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Lol tbf we never had a shot at Murray. He was taken in 2016 where we made that legendary draft night trade for Serge Ibaka. *Vomit*

Haha yes, but the sentiment is that we never pick guards who are known for their shot. Even the “busts” can be useful like Trey Burke

The Celtics **** the bed in that game. Too many bad turnovers, there offense against the zone sucked and they took far too long to find an answer for the Dragic/Bam pick and roll. 

Be interested to see how Stevens adjusts for game 3. This is such a fascinating series. 

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

God I hate the Lakers. 

Nah, at this point i would love to see them play the Heat. I had wanted the Celtics but they are annoying, ***** them.

In all honesty, i want Lebron to win one more this year.He has been the second best player i have ever watched play in my lifetime, let him get one more and then retire.

One more title, and then his farewell tour, and then the Lakers can suck again for 8 years.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:48 AM, hootie249 said:

Nah, at this point i would love to see them play the Heat. I had wanted the Celtics but they are annoying, ***** them.

In all honesty, i want Lebron to win one more this year.He has been the second best player i have ever watched play in my lifetime, let him get one more and then retire.

One more title, and then his farewell tour, and then the Lakers can suck again for 8 years.

I lost a lot of respect for Labron after his attitude after the magic bet him in 2009. He just cries too much for me. Another example was with his words after him losing the MVP this year. He just cries too much.   

6 hours ago, LaVar said:

I lost a lot of respect for Labron after his attitude after the magic bet him in 2009. He just cries too much for me. Another example was with his words after he losing the MVP this year. He just cries too much.   

Pretty much this. Every time I find myself respecting 'Bron's game and how dominant he can be, it doesn't take long to get turned off by his victim mentality on and off the court. He cries to the refs more than any player I've ever watched. He has complained pretty much his entire career since "The Decision" that some people dare to dislike some of the career choices he's made. He's made a career out of throwing his teammates under the bus. Now he's complaining about not getting MVP over a guy who put up (certainly arguably) better numbers on a team that won more games in the regular season, without anyone in Anthony Davis' league backing him up. This is a man who's been virtually worshiped since he was 14 years old, and he's now 35 complaining that people aren't worshiping him enough.

Yea. I've never liked LeBron, I respect him and think he's incredible but I've never actually liked him. Add in Dwight, Morris, Kuzma, Waiters and JR Smith and you've got one unlikable team to me.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea. I've never liked LeBron, I respect him and think he's incredible but I've never actually liked him. Add in Dwight, Morris, Kuzma, Waiters and JR Smith and you've got one unlikable team to me.

Sometimes you have to separate the man from the media. Yeah once in awhile his attitude seems a little old, till you remember he has probably been covered by the media more then any other athlete in the modern age. He seems likable and tame to me, at least compared to some. Maybe it's just me, but after seventeen years i just think for the most part he keeps his head down and works hard. He has been much more vocal lately, but i think it's just a sign of the times. 

Again i think this is probably it for him, one of the reasons why he really wanted the MVP. If they win, i think it's one more year and then adios for Lebron. The current Lakers management sucks, even with AD they are going to  be bad when he retires. 

• Upvote 1