Soul Bro

2020 Official Playoffs Thread

8 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

The usual insightful Lowe article, that includes an interesting part on our beloved european Duo.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe29728577/nba-playoffs-round-1-winners-losers-how-their-futures-shape-up

Fournier is almost 28, so he probably is what he is -- a fifth starter or sixth man on a real postseason threat. That's fine. He's good! He just never made the expected developmental leap.”

This is spot on by Lowe.

Exactly.

But how many times we were convinced  he was going to improve and that he could been the third best player in the team? Are we going to evaluate him another season?

4 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Exactly.

But how many times we were convinced  he was going to improve and that he could been the third best player in the team? Are we going to evaluate him another season?

I havent been convinced for years. The trends were clearly there.

When we were a young team trying to win close games (but eventually lost them), he could never get us a bucket when we needed it the most. Every time there was a big regular season game against a tough matchup, he failed. In the playoffs, where the same type of game exists with tighter defense, he continues to fail. 

I've been saying for years that Fournier is a prototype sixth man. He's decent enough on defense, and good enough to punish a second unit. And occasionally he'll just go off. But a top-three scoring option needs to be reliable. Fournier is not reliable. He's the kind of guy who can go crazy for a few weeks when he's feeling it, but then drop off a cliff whenever a team game-plan's for him. He just needed to be a decent second option in this last series. Vuc was sucking up a ton of attention, and Fournier had a great opportunity to show up. But he couldn't. He needs to be a sixth man on a good team.

Crazy thing is I generally like the guy. He's a good basketball player, and he seems like a good teammate. He just isn't what we need him to be.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I've been saying for years that Fournier is a prototype sixth man. He's decent enough on defense, and good enough to punish a second unit. And occasionally he'll just go off. But a top-three scoring option needs to be reliable. Fournier is not reliable. He's the kind of guy who can go crazy for a few weeks when he's feeling it, but then drop off a cliff whenever a team game-plan's for him. He just needed to be a decent second option in this last series. Vuc was sucking up a ton of attention, and Fournier had a great opportunity to show up. But he couldn't. He needs to be a sixth man on a good team.

Crazy thing is I generally like the guy. He's a good basketball player, and he seems like a good teammate. He just isn't what we need him to be.

Agree with everything. And like Augustin, Fournier has tunnel vision and is better suited for a backup gunner rule

Playoff basketball usually comes down to being able to shoot and not being afraid of crunch time.

This will be a tough series for Giannis and the Bucks.

Miami has so many dogs and shooters.

Like I said, the Bucks are trash. They're gonna get bounced in 5 by the Heat. If the Magic were at full strength, they might have bounced them too. It would have at least gone 6 or 7.