Soul Bro

2020 Official Playoffs Thread

There's a pic going round of all the Balkans guys having dinner together and it's so heartwarming to me for some reason. Vuc, Dragic, Jokic, Doncic, Boban are all there with beers haha. 

“As Markelle Fultz turns a corner in Orlando, Brett Brown's firing by Philadelphia 76ers feels especially cruel.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/as-markelle-fultz-turns-a-corner-in-orlando-brett-browns-firing-by-philadelphia-76ers-feels-especially-cruel/

Geez. At least Philly is not bitter. There roster moves over the last two years have been awful, and that’s on them. In terms of Fultz, I’m glad we’ve seen flashes of his potential as a 22 year old, and I’m hopeful he can still develop into a really good point guard.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

There's a pic going round of all the Balkans guys having dinner together and it's so heartwarming to me for some reason. Vuc, Dragic, Jokic, Doncic, Boban are all there with beers haha. 

They would have a ridiculously good basketball (and football) team. But maybe if Yugoslavia stayed as one country there wouldn't be as many opportunities for everybody to flourish

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

They would have a ridiculously good basketball (and football) team. But maybe if Yugoslavia stayed as one country there wouldn't be as many opportunities for everybody to flourish

Who knows honestly but they have produced a lot of great players in that region lately. Amazing when you consider it's a total area less than half the size of Texas. 

Dallas Mavericks big man Kristaps Porzingis has been ruled out for the remainder of the first-round series against the LA Clippers due to a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee, the team announced Friday evening.

My goodness! I know that someone on this board mentioned his history of injuries for the last 2 seasons.

This is why I feel the 2020 playoffs should be cancelled. Is it worth it? I mean, this is not normal--I'm referring to all of the injuries that are occurring in the Bubble.

Link:  https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29761968/mavericks-kristaps-porzingis-knee-miss-rest-nba-playoff-series-vs-clippers

PLAYOFFS INJURY UPDATES

• Toronto's Kyle Lowry (ankle) probable for Sunday's Game One against Boston  - August 29th, 2020
  • Clippers' Patrick Beverley (calf) doubtful for Sunday's Game 6 matchup against Mavericks August 29th, 2020
  • Luka Doncic (ankle) questionable for Game 6 on Sunday August 29th, 2020
  • Denver's Gary Harris (hip) questionable for Sunday's Game 6 matchup against Jazz August 29th, 2020
  • Lakers' Rajon Rondo (back) upgraded to questionable on Saturday August 29th, 2020
  • Toronto's Kyle Lowry (ankle) questionable for Sunday's Game One matchup a gainst Celtics August 29th, 2020

BUCKS INJURIES AS OF AUGUST 18th - 21st

• Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo (calf) available for Game 3 on Saturday - August 22nd, 2020
  • Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo (calf) probable for Game 3 versus Magic on Saturday - August 21st, 2020

On 8/28/2020 at 7:25 AM, Soul Bro said:

“As Markelle Fultz turns a corner in Orlando, Brett Brown's firing by Philadelphia 76ers feels especially cruel.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/as-markelle-fultz-turns-a-corner-in-orlando-brett-browns-firing-by-philadelphia-76ers-feels-especially-cruel/

Geez. At least Philly is not bitter. There roster moves over the last two years have been awful, and that’s on them. In terms of Fultz, I’m glad we’ve seen flashes of his potential as a 22 year old, and I’m hopeful he can still develop into a really good point guard.

He has shown measurable growth over the past 2 seasons, I really think he would continue to grow into a all-star caliber PG if his seasons were uninterrupted.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chosen12 said:

He has shown measurable growth over the past 2 seasons, I really think he would continue to grow into a all-star caliber PG if his seasons were uninterrupted.  

This is where we are, he is paid. He will be here next year. Show us something. It's his fourth year. He is healthy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Boy it’s really fun watching these natural explosive scooters going at it... then I remember how our FO seems to bake the exact opposite in building a team

It is getting very depressing.