Soul Bro

2020 Official Playoffs Thread

24 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'd be shocked to see a team built around a Center winning a title in the next 20 years. Be it Jokic, Embiid, whoever.

You're forgetting about the 2026-2027 Magic built around Mo Bamba.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'd be shocked to see a team built around a Center winning a title in the next 20 years. Be it Jokic, Embiid, whoever.

I wanted Isaac to be our center of the future and radically change the way the game is played [tear drops on phone].

8 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

In all seriousness though. Joel Embiid could win a championship if someone actually built around him properly.

He's always going to be a problem in the post and he's a phenomenal defensive player when he wants to be. If he played with a guard who could get him the ball consistently and also get some perimeter buckets against a set defense Philly would be a real contender. Unfortunately he plays on a roster who's four highest paid players are all forwards and centers and who's best guard is Shake Milton. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

In all seriousness though. Joel Embiid could win a championship if someone actually built around him properly.

He's always going to be a problem in the post and he's a phenomenal defensive player when he wants to be. If he played with a guard who could get him the ball consistently and also get some perimeter buckets against a set defense Philly would be a real contender. Unfortunately he plays on a roster who's four highest paid players are all forwards and centers and who's best guard is Shake Milton. 

We did see the Sixers take the Raptors to a game 7 even with a flawed roster, but I think that force feeding a Center just drags your pace down and is bad for the team, even if it boosts the Center’s stats.

In an increasingly fast league, I don’t expect good results from it.

The Nuggets consistently **** the bed in the playoffs after great regular seasons

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We did see the Sixers take the Raptors to a game 7 even with a flawed roster, but I think that force feeding a Center just drags your pace down and is bad for the team, even if it boosts the Center’s stats.

In an increasingly fast league, I don’t expect good results from it.

The Nuggets consistently **** the bed in the playoffs after great regular seasons

This is exactly my point (See your bolded comment) that I mentioned and alluded to about Vuch in the Rd 1, Game 2 Playoff thread.

Edit: In Game 2, Vuch started the game shooting 3's and missing. The Bucks decided to let Vuch get his and lock down his teammates (not allowing them to get into a rhythm).

• Like 1