Soul Bro

2020 Official Playoffs Thread

You know how everyone has a couple of roleplayers in the NBA that they're just an irrationally big fan of for no reason and they really want their team to end up with them at some point? 

One of mine is Kyle Anderson and if you're watching this play in game you know why. Aminu and a 2nd for Kyle Anderson. Get it done WeltHam!

3 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

LOL @ those who said CJ Mcollum was putting up Fournier stats lmao. Would love to have him any day at the 2.

Been unreal today. Dudes got a broken vertebrae in his back and he's been clutch.

46 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

If youre not watching this Portland/Memphis game do you even like basketball?

I was watching the Champions League. Bad timing

And I hope it would have been Portland vs Phoenix

39 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I was watching the Champions League. Bad timing

And I hope it would have been Portland vs Phoenix

I'll let you off on that one. Always great to see Man City fail!

• Like 1

It's painful watching teams like the Griz, Blazers, Clippers, Celtics, Lakers, Mavs, Nuggets, Sixers, Pacers, Raptors, Jazz, Nets, and even the Suns. All these teams started rebuilding right around the time or after the Magic traded Howard and are way ahead of the Magic. It's embarrassing. The Heat lost Lebron, Wade, and Bosh and look at them now. The Mavs traded away a championship team and they rebuilt. The Suns and Blazers have always sported good teams going back to the 80s. The Mavs were terrible in the 90s until they sold the team to Cuban. It's all about the upper levels of the org chart. The foundation of the Magic franchise sucks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ross, who left the campus after Sunday’s 122-119 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics, called his experience a “wild night.”

Ross said he had finished eating in the team room around 8:30 p.m. before heading to his room. About 1½ hours later, he ordered another meal.

By 10:40 he was in bed when the episode began.

“I started feeling like … almost like really, really, really intense like heartburn, almost. But then I realized it was more than that,” Ross said. “I didn’t even know what it was at the time but it was debilitating. It hurt. I was hunched over the floor for like an hour in the fetal position because of just whatever I wanted to do, everything that I was doing was just amplified and getting worse. So I called the team doctor and they took it from there.”

On the advice of NBA physicians, Ross left the Disney campus for off-site testing. He said that essentially stomach acid had leaked into his esophagus, and that led to some inflammation and the spasm in his chest.

“Sometimes your stomach creates too much stomach acid when you eat and it can get into your esophagus,” he said.

Ross, who missed the final two seeding games, said he has been given medication and he expects to be OK moving forward. He said he felt good during practice and was not concerned about losing his rhythm from being out for four days.

Magic forward Aaron Gordon, meanwhile, did not fully participate in Saturday’s practice but took part in the walkthrough portion. He is still on the mend from a left hamstring strain that forced him to miss the team’s last four seeding games.

“He’s close,” Magic coach Steve Clifford said of Gordon, whose defensive services will be crucial against Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Reserve guard Michael Carter-Williams, on the other hand, still has a walking boot on his injured left foot (tendon strain). He has missed the past five games with the injury.

“He’s a little bit further away,” Clifford said.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-health-update-20200815-vwrzxsygengo3f7iyejh6s2ah4-story.html

I've never seen so few excitement/interest before a playoff to start.

At least last season we qualified after a strong run and we won one game in the champions house, and there was something to be proud of...

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

I've never seen so few excitement/interest before a playoff to start.

At least last season we qualified after a strong run and we won one game in the champions house, and there was something to be proud of...

Yeah, unfortunately not a lot to be excited about. Isaac, Gordon, Bamba and MCW probably all won’t play, Fournier, Ross and DJ have been terrible in the bubble. Vucevic traditionally gets owned by the Lopez twins on both sides of the court. I’m just hoping for a few Markelle highlight plays and to get out without anymore injuries that could affect us next season.

• Like 1