Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

This should mean real minutes for Okeke, which is fantastic. I hope he’s hungry.

That probably means a few more minutes for Okeke, and we might see some Clark or Bacon to start the season. With Gordon playing most of his minutes at the PF, you have to think Okeke/Ennis/Clark might pick up the rest, which opens more time at the SF/SG for Fournier/Ross/Bacon. I'm a bit surprised that Aminu isn't ready to go yet - it's been almost a full year since he last played. With Bamba/Isaac/Aminu unavailable, that puts some holes in our front-court rotation. Next-man-up isn't necessarily the best way to start the season, but that may explain part of why we brought back both Ennis and Clark, assuming the front office knew we would be short-handed there in the short-term. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's working through complications of Covid. 

What does that mean?   The large majority recover without complications, especially younger people.  

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

This should mean real minutes for Okeke, which is fantastic. I hope he’s hungry.

To be honest now i look at it like that... i am happy. Blessing in disguise i hope 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

What does that mean?   The large majority recover without complications, especially younger people.  

But what if Bamba isn't in the large majority?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

My bet is that he is suffering some kind of reduction in lung capacity, as that seems to be one of the most prevalent complications. Whether that is a permanent condition, or just a matter of time and conditioning may be something we have to wait and see. Hopefully for his sake it is just a temporary issue.

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Fair, although it would have been a tiny bit sweeter to swap Celtics and Heat. Two young teams on each conference for a fun Christmas battle. And see if the Nets actually are any good by putting them up against Miami for the world to see. Oh well. I hope to watch SOMETHING on Australian boxing day.

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I guess anything is possible but I’m skeptical 

9 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Could be more of a mental thing at this point

The Magic have doctors and trainers make these calls they don't just ask Mo how he feels and Mo says "nah I don't feel good I'd say there's no timetable for my return". 

Mo is one of the largest humans on the planet so I don't think it's unreasonable to presume he's at a higher risk of Covid complications than the average person.