Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

38 minutes ago, jjgator said:

No. Isaac still counts as a roster spot and his salary still counts against the cap and tax. That's just an exception we can use to sign or trade for a player on a 1 year deal. We applied for it because in theory it's another way to add players and it's nice to have every tool at your disposal but in actuality we won't use it (with how we're currently constructed anyway) because using it (or the MLE) would take us into the luxury tax.

11 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m shocked at how little money Aron Baynes got.

And the Lakers are super super stacked. They should keep Bell and McKinnie around

I think they're waiving and stretching Bell but keeping McKinnie.

Really surprised that Langston Galloway still hasn't got a deal. High level 3 point shooter who can play both guard spots and plays defense. I actually thought he'd be a good target for us if we didn't bring back MCW. 

7 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I am thinking more around the 10, if I look at the East this is my prediction with some positions perhaps swapped and remaining signings. 

1. Bucks

2. Celtics

3. Nets

4. Heat

5. 76ers

6. Pacers

7. Raptors

8. Hornets

9. Hawks

10. Magic

11. Wizards

I don't think the Hornets will be better than us

27 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2020/11/22/21589345/orlando-magic-wes-iwundu-james-ennis-gary-clark-2020-nba-free-agency

Reading that article is depressing, but after watching the other front offices, i'm glad we stayed the course. Next year is the time for changes.

Let's get healthy! 

Yeah I read this and thought similar things. I’ve checked the free agency updates pretty frequently to see if we have done anything or even made a trade. I honestly didn’t even know about the Bacon move. As a replacement for Iwundu, I guess that’s an improvement?

I think it’s obvious we’re trying to reset and get out of the playoffs cause we are currently in no mans land. Good enough to barely make playoffs but not good enough to advance which means we are left out of lottery picks and any talent that might be transformational. I think my optimism about our team plummeted with JI’s second injury in the bubble. I think a healthy JI, AG, Fultz, and Bamba could make pushes. But without Isaac, I don’t think we have a star. Which is what you need in the nba to be relevant. 

So I think we stay the course this year and don’t make any moves till trade deadline. Then look to pull away from Vucevic and Fournier for first round draft picks. Then hold onto AG as long as we can. 

Yes this is what will happen. Depending on what our record and health is like at the deadline.

Just for fun, one last bigtime shake-up fantasy trade i worked on.

https://tradenba.com/trades/biqr3sBeh

So we didn't do much this week and neither did the Kings. The trade above is a suggestion if Kings match the offer to Bogdan. I'll try reason why both teams would do this.

The reason the Magic might do something like this is to solidify the future. It would be nice to have a great shooter signed next to Fultz and Isaac if we plan on retaining them. We actually save 3.5 million right now and a total of ten million next year to help resign Fultz and Isaac. Evan is gone anyway and now we do not have to worry about his replacement. It moves us towards being a better offensive team. If Fultz improves and Isaac comes back healthy we might have a more balanced team next year. Sacramento would do this because it makes sense if they like Bogdan's versatility more then Hield. They just drafted Haliburton, he will take over once Evan is gone and Bogdan can play both Shooting guard and Small forward. Gordon makes the money work and will help them. It will hurt us losing Gordon this year but i think it could help us construct  a balanced team when Jonathan  comes back.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Yeah I read this and thought similar things. I’ve checked the free agency updates pretty frequently to see if we have done anything or even made a trade. I honestly didn’t even know about the Bacon move. As a replacement for Iwundu, I guess that’s an improvement?

I think it’s obvious we’re trying to reset and get out of the playoffs cause we are currently in no mans land. Good enough to barely make playoffs but not good enough to advance which means we are left out of lottery picks and any talent that might be transformational. I think my optimism about our team plummeted with JI’s second injury in the bubble. I think a healthy JI, AG, Fultz, and Bamba could make pushes. But without Isaac, I don’t think we have a star. Which is what you need in the nba to be relevant. 

So I think we stay the course this year and don’t make any moves till trade deadline. Then look to pull away from Vucevic and Fournier for first round draft picks. Then hold onto AG as long as we can. 

I’m not sure what indicates to you a willingness to move any of our players and reset. Long as this front office is in place, the tram as constructed now is what it will looks like for the next few years

• Upvote 2