Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

Get rid of Evan and mo and the coach and I really don’t care how. 

Mo didn't even play?! He's not even in the bubble?

Please no more Evan...whatever it takes. I am a crazy guy who supports Magic since Shaq’s first season. I can’t convince myself to stop my love with this team. I will be watching and supporting no matter what ://// but damned I can’t stand Fournier I can’t !!!

Just now, Babir_9 said:

Please no more Evan...whatever it takes. I am a crazy guy who supports Magic since Shaq’s first season. I can’t convince myself to stop my love with this team. I will be watching and supporting no matter what ://// but damned I can’t stand Fournier I can’t !!!

Evan is going to get rid of himself. If he opts in it's because he likes living here more then we think or he really is best friends with Vucevic. 

Best thing that could happen is the higher ups telling Weltham it's ok to lose next year just fix the team....sadly that won't happen.

So get used to mediocrity. They need a huge overhaul, but i'm not holding my breath. We are in serious cap hell so it can only get worse from here unless management is bold.

Can someone tell me what Fultz does that is even close to elite? 

Here is what i see. He can finish through contact, he is a pass first point guard. He has above average court vision but not above average passing to go with it.

He has above average BBIQ on the defensive end but not even close to the motor or above average reflexes to take it to an elite level.

He has a busted ass shot, but hey we all know this. No elite first step, no elite basket to basket speed, yeah maybe above average the few times we see it.His handles are nowhere close to elite, it's easier to see in the playoffs while we watch truly special players. Harder to realize this in the regular season.

So what does he do that is Elite or extremely good? 

Yeah keep Clifford get rid of as many players as we can. Won't happen because this is how GM's lose jobs. So we will do something stupid and only win 21 games and then they will all get fired including Clifford. It takes everyone being on the same page to make real change. Keep Weltham, Keep Clifford, tell management what your trying to do, get everyone on the same page. Ditch some players, in the NBA no amount of coaching can overcome bad players, switching out gms without a vision sucks too. 

1 hour ago, og magic fan said:

Why get rid of Clifford?  

Because his offense coaching and rotations are outdated. What has he accomplished in his career? He is a good defensive coach and is best suited as an assistant. 

• Upvote 1

What SG would you want to replace Evan Fournier?

My top pick would be Jaylen Brown. He would fit very nice with our young group of Fultz, Isaac, Gordon and Bamba. I also like the way he plays the game!

So what would it take to get Brown? I think a package around Vuc wouldn‘t be enough. But what if we include a third team? Maybe this creative trade would make sens for all 3 teams:

ORL trades Fournier and Vuc to the 76ers

PHI trades Horford to ORL and Embiid to BOS

BOS trades Brown to ORL and fillers to PHI

I know Horfords contart is horrible. But he could be i nice vet on the roster and be a mentor to Bamba. Without include the contract from Horford the 76ers wouldn‘t trade Embiid.

Vuc would be a nice fit in PHI with Simmons.

Embiid would make Boston the best team in the East.

What to you think about this trade?

12 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

What SG would you want to replace Evan Fournier?

My top pick would be Jaylen Brown. He would fit very nice with our young group of Fultz, Isaac, Gordon and Bamba. I also like the way he plays the game!

So what would it take to get Brown? I think a package around Vuc wouldn‘t be enough. But what if we include a third team? Maybe this creative trade would make sens for all 3 teams:

ORL trades Fournier and Vuc to the 76ers

PHI trades Horford to ORL and Embiid to BOS

BOS trades Brown to ORL and fillers to PHI

I know Horfords contart is horrible. But he could be i nice vet on the roster and be a mentor to Bamba. Without include the contract from Horford the 76ers wouldn‘t trade Embiid.

Vuc would be a nice fit in PHI with Simmons.

Embiid would make Boston the best team in the East.

What to you think about this trade?

Philly wouldn't do that in a million years. 

• Upvote 1