Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

We have to trade AG...

I hate it. I don't want to trade him. He's one of my favourite players. But we need a star. To get a star we need assets. To get assets you have to trade valuable players. AG is our most valuable player. Thus, we need to trade AG. And also Fournier. Same argument but also we just need to move on from him anyway because paying him would be disastrous.

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We have to trade AG...

I hate it. I don't want to trade him. He's one of my favourite players. But we need a star. To get a star we need assets. To get assets you have to trade valuable players. AG is our most valuable player. Thus, we need to trade AG. And also Fournier. Same argument but also we just need to move on from him anyway because paying him would be disastrous.

Magic tried trading Gordon before the trade deadline and no one wanted him so Gordon is not getting traded so be happy

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anfernee1 said:

Magic tried trading Gordon before the trade deadline and no one wanted him so Gordon is not getting traded so be happy

Source? 

31 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We have to trade AG...

I’m with you in trading AG now, unfortunately. However, I don’t think it’s gonna net us a star. I think the move is AG and Vooch both moved for draft and future assets and restarting the rebuild again. The playoffs I guess have been “fun” the past 2 years, for a game, but getting the crap kicked out of us the next 4 has been tough to stomach. Let JI heal, let Markelle and Chuma take every shot, and see what kind of young assets you can get for your few vets.

All that being said, I’m sure we’re gonna do something silly, DJ is gonna get a 2 or 3 year deal at 5/6 mill a year even though we should move on, and we’re just gonna keep hovering.

6 minutes ago, Anfernee1 said:

This says the opposite of what you said, plenty of teams want him they're just struggling to get enough assets that we want. Which is good. If we're trading AG we better get a really good deal. 

40 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m with you in trading AG now, unfortunately. However, I don’t think it’s gonna net us a star. I think the move is AG and Vooch both moved for draft and future assets and restarting the rebuild again. The playoffs I guess have been “fun” the past 2 years, for a game, but getting the crap kicked out of us the next 4 has been tough to stomach. Let JI heal, let Markelle and Chuma take every shot, and see what kind of young assets you can get for your few vets.

All that being said, I’m sure we’re gonna do something silly, DJ is gonna get a 2 or 3 year deal at 5/6 mill a year even though we should move on, and we’re just gonna keep hovering.

Yea I don't expect us to get a star for AG. But assets that might turn in to one (young players, high draft picks) or help us trade for one down the line.

44 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea I don't expect us to get a star for AG. But assets that might turn in to one (young players, high draft picks) or help us trade for one down the line.

I doubt any star players would want to come to Orlando since Magic have not been a good team in a decade 

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

If you are trading AG it can’t be for ‘assets’ hoping someone comes available down the line. That is putting trust in Too many unknowns. He should only be traded in a package that brings us a star

If they bring a star here, he is going to demand to be traded to another team or sit out the season because this team is not championship material right now

• Downvote 4

We need players that can consistently put the ball in the hoop and I think we should have been using AG differently but I agree time to move on from him, Fournier and Vooch. 

1 hour ago, Anfernee1 said:

If they bring a star here, he is going to demand to be traded to another team or sit out the season because this team is not championship material right now

When is the last time that happened