Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

24 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I actually liked Ennis, and for the price I would have been happy to have him back to at least start the year as a tough-minded, energy guy; possibly to start until Okeke might be ready to step into the starting SF, and even then as a veteran off the bench. It still might happen, who knows? We might even be able to re-sign his as a veteran minimum and save a few bucks if no one else grabs him up. It might also have been nice to have him at the trade deadline as an expiring salary to help balance any potential trades. 

We wouldn't save anything by re-signing him to the minimum because he opted out of the minimum but I do think it's a real possibility he comes back.

I think Killian Hayes is the best prospect for Orlando. However, I expect him to go in the 6-10 range. 

who do you think is our most likely trade partner and what would it take to get that pick? 

Anyone played NBA Playgrounds 2? It's on Playstation Now (like Netflix for games) and I'm having trouble pulling dunks off. They say to hold turbo and hit square when running at the basket, but it's not working very well for me (I'm holding square until it gets into that green part of the meter like it says).

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Thank goodness. AG is worth way more than that.

19 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Is he?

35 y.o.Trevor Ariza, #16, and a protected 2021 1st Round Pick for Robert Covington - I want to know what Portland has to blackmail the new Houston management with to get RoCo that cheap. You have to figure that the 2021 pick probably will be at least teens to early twenties, so you're probably not going to get a top guy either year. I like Covington (29 and probably at his peak), but I'm not sure he's as good as Gordon, who is only 25. I would be ticked if our management sold AG that low. 

Covington  12.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.3 apg, 13.38 per

Gordon  14.4ppg, 7.7 rpg, 3.7 apg, 15.18 per

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

35 y.o.Trevor Ariza, #16, and a protected 2021 1st Round Pick for Robert Covington - I want to know what Portland has to blackmail the new Houston management with to get RoCo that cheap. You have to figure that the 2021 pick probably will be at least teens to early twenties, so you're probably not going to get a top guy either year. I like Covington (29 and probably at his peak), but I'm not sure he's as good as Gordon, who is only 25. I would be ticked if our management sold AG that low. 

Covington  12.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.3 apg, 13.38 per

Gordon  14.4ppg, 7.7 rpg, 3.7 apg, 15.18 per

I think Ariza has more value to Houston because of his relationship to Harden. Lots of players respect Ariza, so this may be more of a locker room trade than on-court trade from the HOU side. Getting the picks is icing. 

8 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I think Ariza has more value to Houston because of his relationship to Harden. Lots of players respect Ariza, so this may be more of a locker room trade than on-court trade from the HOU side. Getting the picks is icing. 

Actually, it probably has more to do with clearing cap space for 2021 free agency - Ariza is in his final year, Covington is signed through the 2021-22 season. 

2 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

I'm really curious as to what we are wanting for AG. I've read we are open to packaging our pick with AG to move up in this draft, but my gut says WeltHam would want to move way up in that scenario.