Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

I think the biggest thing to look out for from us this off-season is how much we’re willing to pay Isaac and Fultz if we choose to extend them. Especially JI... how much can you realistically pay a guy who was only healthy for half of his rookie contract?

But the counter-argument is a Steph Curry situation, where JI’s injury trouble forces him to sign for a discount, he gets healthy and becomes a star and we still have cap space to add pieces around him.

40 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Nar this just makes me think we are definitely playing poker face haha.

We are trading definitely 

Really hope you're right, but that's what they alwasy said, and done, in the past.

I'm always envious of OKC/Presti, together with other FO's that always shows how to move in the market.
https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/1328403334894661633

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

What if we traded AG to the Warriors not for #2 but for Minnesota’s pick next year 

I'd honestly rather do that but doubt Warriors would go for it.

Because the NBA’s salary cap didn’t move at all for the 2020/21 season, Okeke will sign the same rookie contract this year that he would’ve received a year ago. Assuming he gets 120% of the standard rookie scale amount, his deal will be worth about $3.12MM in year one and $15.1MM over four years.

So Okeke threw away $3M by not signing last year?

23 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

So Okeke threw away $3M by not signing last year?

My bet would be that they offered him about 80% of the rookie salary scale last year ($2.6M) based on his injury/how much time he would miss; but told him they would sign him to a G-League contract instead, so he could rehab in their facilities, and the chance to get up to the full 120% this year by "deferring". He still gets the standard rookie deal of 2 years plus 2 team option years, and as already noted, will probably get the $3.12M this year, which also increases his year's 2-4 salaries as well. So, the answer is both yes, and not. He didn't throw it away, as much as deferred the majority of it, with a high likelihood of recouping most if not all in the next few years. In short, he bet on himself to recover and make more in the long run. 

There was probably also contact with his agent pre draft because Chuma would have probably been picked in the 20s due to his injury but we picked him earlier for more guaranteed money but as long as we could defer it a year to avoid the tax. 

• Upvote 1

Houston got robbed with that Paul for Westbrook trade last year. In all, somehow OKC ended up with 3 firsts and two additional first swaps through their wheeling and dealing.