Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

On 11/11/2020 at 9:30 AM, LaVar said:

The front office has done barely any moves but the ones they did was all to the surprise of the public. Fultz, okeke, al, Simmons, mcw, and Clark. I don't think they have been great, but they are always silent.

The excitement needs to be on the court. It is in the best interest of the players to not hear their name in possible deals.

I don't want moves for the sake of moves. I do think we have to take our shots to get better and move past the first round. It may mean a mini rebuild. This is the year to do it - good draft next year and isaac returning.

I’m sure they could find ways to generate some excitement without openly speculating about specific players.  

Other than Fultz, the rest of the above moves, if you consider drafting Okeke a move, are of so little interest that no one would have paid much attention even if they announced them 6 months in advance. 

I don’t think the team is worth watching for another season as currently constructed, especially minus Isaac.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I’m sure they could find ways to generate some excitement without openly speculating about specific players.  

Other than Fultz, the rest of the above moves, if you consider drafting Okeke a move, are of so little interest that no one would have paid much attention even if they announced them 6 months in advance. 

I don’t think the team is worth watching for another season as currently constructed, especially minus Isaac.  

I agree with the team not having excitement. Out side of making trades and getting new players, with actual moves. What are you asking management to do to make buzz. Not sure what you mean there.

15 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I agree with the team not having excitement. Out side of making trades and getting new players, with actual moves. What are you asking management to do to make buzz. Not sure what you mean there.

Talking about goals, ideas of how they might get there, vision for making the team successful, anything they can think of to generate some optimism.  Sprinkle in a detail here and there if they’re able to

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Talking about goals, ideas of how they might get there, vision for making the team successful, anything they can think of to generate some optimism.  Sprinkle in a detail here and there if they’re able to

They done that many times. They just have had injuries and missed in the draft.  They want lengthy players, with good character, and players that can play position less basketball. Just not having a marquee player makes things boring. Isaac injury really hurt. 

Gordon is the closest we have to excitement and the reason I am against trading him. 

If improvements to this roster aren’t made soon how long do people think we’ll keep this team together?

personally, I think it gets blown up next year if no significant progress is made e.g. reaching the second round

17 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Spoiler alert: The talk immediately begins with Kevin Clark saying he wants Westbrook in Orlando 

The only positive that I could see about having Westbrook here is his work ethic - one year of playing with him and seeing how committed he was to being his best showed Oladipo what it takes, and the next year Oladipo became an All-Star. If Westbrook still has that kind of fire and commitment, it could be productive for our entire team to see/work with someone who works that hard. That is what Butler brought to Miami, and what MIGHT make Westbrook worthwhile here. Not my first, second, or third choice; but it is the only silver lining I could potentially see. 

• Upvote 1

Never been a huge Westbrook fan, but he could bring a lot of eyes to this team and maybe have a better player joining him.

If we could trade for somebody like Pandemic P we could do some nice things in the East

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

The only positive that I could see about having Westbrook here is his work ethic - one year of playing with him and seeing how committed he was to being his best showed Oladipo what it takes, and the next year Oladipo became an All-Star. If Westbrook still has that kind of fire and commitment, it could be productive for our entire team to see/work with someone who works that hard. That is what Butler brought to Miami, and what MIGHT make Westbrook worthwhile here. Not my first, second, or third choice; but it is the only silver lining I could potentially see. 

Good perspective 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's mad to me that we still haven't got a date for player and team options. The draft is 5 days away. Free agency is like a week away.

I think it is 2 days after the draft