Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

44 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I would hope it's a 3 team trade since Bledsoe's salary is about the only one close to matching, and I don't want to pay him $35M over the next 2 years

41 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

From everything I've heard Sam Amico knows nothing. I really can't see the Bucks having much use for AG. He's not a great fit with Giannis at all. 

I might do this, but only if it is Gordon for Bledsoe, DiVincenzo, and pick #24. In this scenario, you wouldn't bring back DJ, MCW, Frazier, or Iwundu. You might bring back Clark, and you pick BPA at both #15 and #24 to fill (Achiuwa at 15?/Riller @ 24?)

1) Fultz/Bledsoe/DiVincenzo

2) Fournier/Ross/#24

3) Ennis/Okeke/Isaac (i)

4) Aminu/Clark/#15

5) Vucevic/Bamba/Birch

I'm not crazy about the Aminu/Clark mix at the PF, but you can always go "small ball" by sliding Ennis(or Okeke?) to the 4, and having three guards on the floor at once. I'm not wildly enthusiastic about the trade idea, but it could be interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaVar said:

The excitement needs to be on the court. It is in the best interest of the players to not hear their name in possible deals.

I don't want moves for the sake of moves. I do think we have to take our shots to get better and move past the first round. It may mean a mini rebuild. This is the year to do it - good draft next year and isaac returning.

I want to see moves that open a pattern to improve your future, because right now in the court we don't have results, and even less excitement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I want to see moves that open a pattern to improve your future, because right now in the court we don't have results, and even less excitement.

I agree, but I want actual good trades and not exciting fake news and ag to the bucks for crumbs doesn't do it for me.

• Upvote 1

Sure, I hate those kind of rumuors too, but at the same time, it's not like the pattern that the reality (FO moves) suggest is that exciting or convincing...

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Before anyone suggests a trade for Westbrook can I just say he's a 32 year old, athleticism based guard who's owed $130m over the next 3 years. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Before anyone suggests a trade for Westbrook can I just say he's a 32 year old, athleticism based guard who's owed $130m over the next 3 years. 

OMG it's all over the TV shows. Luckily on national tv nobody is suggesting Orlando, thank god. On our local radio shows they are all for it. This just goes to show, these people on tv are entertainers and charlatans. They just want to keep their jobs and get ratings. Just minutes ago one of the talking heads spent ten minutes spouting about Westbrook on either LA team  or the Bucks!  

Not only bad fits, but almost impossible under the salaries. It's all just a show. And now more of the people with real content like Lowe will be behind paywalls. It's sad.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I couldn’t believe Houston traded for him last year. The contract, age and style of play are all turn-offs to me. I’m not sure what team will want him. Morey got out just in time.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I couldn’t believe Houston traded for him last year. The contract, age and style of play are all turn-offs to me. I’m not sure what team will want him. Morey got out just in time.

It's so difficult to see a team trading for him. Any team who does is desperate either for relevance (Knicks?) or a championship (Clippers I guess? Not sure how they could make that work?). Sincerely hope we have nothing to do with it.