Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Sure.

We were talking about overstimating or understimating trade value, Vuc's one in that case, that was obviously just my opinion, and I respect who thinks that is value is higher than that.

True, but it only takes one team overestimating for us to get a good deal. Two is always better, as you can have a "bidding war". When you only have one team sold on a player, you have to be much better at negotiating/bluffing. That has always been the beauty of the trade market. Based on what we got Markelle Fultz for, I'm guessing our guys are pretty good.

4 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

True, but it only takes one team overestimating for us to get a good deal. Two is always better, as you can have a "bidding war". When you only have one team sold on a player, you have to be much better at negotiating/bluffing. That has always been the beauty of the trade market. Based on what we got Markelle Fultz for, I'm guessing our guys are pretty good.

We lucked into that Fultz trade. Philly was ready to move on and gave him up for peanuts. Wouldn’t give the credit to our FO being good as much as just being glad they finally did their job instead of sitting ideally evaluating the talent on this roster. Which outside of that Fultz trade our FO hasn’t done anything other than extend the guys who haven’t helped this team get passed the first round to head scratching deals and signing more forwards in an already crowded front court. The Euro experiment was fun to get us back into the playoffs I suppose but it’s been long overdue to move on from that and get back to competent team first basketball. Hold those accountable who don’t help this team grow and don’t give 100% effort every night on both sides of the floor. It’s time to let our young guys get actual minutes on the floor and to start developing them like every other NBA team does. 

I'm back to say i'm still on board with a Gordon trade. Given that things are about to get very expensive i really do believe  the Magic would move just about any of the veterans.

6 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

True, but it only takes one team overestimating for us to get a good deal.

How long you wait for that kind of situation before you finally move up? Because it's quite a few years that we're discussing possible deals for the same core of players...

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I'm back to say i'm still on board with a Gordon trade. Given that things are about to get very expensive i really do believe  the Magic would move just about any of the veterans.

I really don't want to trade Gordon. I would rather either or both evan/vuc get traded. I want to see what Gordon does with more usage as 1st or 2nd option. I just know it will be victor all over again.  Sell high on vuc and evan now - if possible. Hand the team to Gordon and fultz and run. 

• Upvote 1

Free agency will start on Nov 20. 2 days after the draft. It's expected that the transaction window will be opened at some point a couple days before the draft so we could see a flurry of activity straight away.

10 hours ago, LaVar said:

I really don't want to trade Gordon. I would rather either or both evan/vuc get traded. I want to see what Gordon does with more usage as 1st or 2nd option. I just know it will be victor all over again.  Sell high on vuc and evan now - if possible. Hand the team to Gordon and fultz and run. 

I believe Gordon can look great on the right team, but never as the first or second option. So because of that gonna have to disagree with ya. As far as our team, unless we have some Magic up our sleeve, he is only going to look worse this season. Unless Fultz and Bamba make  huge leaps. This is why i would rather trade him before the season, but i doubt that happens.

I don't know why people don't get Gordon. His upside comp is Shawn Marion. Shawn made a couple of all-star teams being a 3ish option as a high energy defender. Marion's  offense was cutting and spot up shooting with that ugly 3 point shot. It all worked because he had other players drawing all the attention. He didn't create his own shots on the Suns or Mavs. This is Gordon if he is in the right place. Our timeline doesn't match up anymore, help him get to another team.

Also let's stop thinking about the Tobias and Dipo trades. They sucked, but mostly because we didn't execute them correctly. Neither player has done anything really. Tobias is exactly what everyone said here, average player going to get overpaid. Has he even made an All-star team? Never went to the playoffs until Philly, now paid like a superstar. Dipo has only had one good year, even though fans voted him in twice. If he was still on our team he would be getting more heat then Gordon does!!!!! In a way even though that trade sucked it was a blessing Dipo wasn't here, if we had gotten a player that actually played here!!!!! The real tragedy was giving up Sabonis. I would bet before they retire, Sabonis will have more  All-star selections then Dipo, Gordon, Vucevic  or Ibaka.

12 hours ago, LaVar said:

About time... +1

Looks like the luxury tax will remain about $133M this year.  Assuming Fournier and Ennis exercise their player options, and Okeke and this year's draft pick sign for 120% of their draft slot, we will have $122M committed for 12 players.  This doesn't include Augustine, MCW, Iwundu, or Clark.