Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Thoughts on the rumored Wiggins and # 2 pick for Vucevic trade?

Do it. With the 2nd pick the Orlando Magic select Wiseman and with 15th Josh green. Start the year with Fultz, fournier, wiggins, gordon, bamba. Bench Mcw(1 year extensión), ross, okeke,aminu, wiseman. Then if no chance to playoff trade fournier and play Green in your place!!! 

Edited by Picagus6Uruguay

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Great trade if we want to win 25 games for the foreseeable future.

Otherwise terrible. Wiggins has negative value. Vuc is our most valuable player. This is the worst draft since 2013 (where we also had pick 2 funnily enough) there's every chance the guy we pick at 15 will be better than the guy who gets picked at 2. 

People keep acting like the top picks in the draft are valuable despite the fact that the Warriors are absolutely desperate to get rid of pick 2 and the Wolves also would prefer to trade pick 1.

Neither team with the top 2 picks want them, why should anybody else? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’d jump on that. And trade down if I didn’t like what I had available at #2

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, HeartAndHustle said:

Which specific moves do you think would get us headed in the right direction?

It's more what kind of moves I would have done in the past to avoid the situation we're in now, honestly.

Right now, it's a tough one. You've basically two ways I think. Tank again, but is not probably viable in the situation  we're (after 10 years of suffering) and with the management we have.

The other is to be proactive and obtain all the assets you can from the players that has some value, but are not contender-level type, while trying to stay competive (we've made a lot of examples in the past of situations in which your team can improve by substraction too).

It's hard, I know. And that's the reason why I'm so critical of the FO, because IMHO the damage has been already done.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m curious if the board would rather trade AG or Vooch in that scenario

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Otherwise terrible. Wiggins has negative value. Vuc is our most valuable player. This is the worst draft since 2013 (where we also had pick 2 funnily enough) there's every chance the guy we pick at 15 will be better than the guy who gets picked at 2. 

People keep acting like the top picks in the draft are valuable despite the fact that the Warriors are absolutely desperate to get rid of pick 2 and the Wolves also would prefer to trade pick 1.

I would say ball and the European forward are top tier talents. Those are players you trade for. If we truly like fultz, as our future, then don't trade. Grab his back up at 15. I would trade to get a pick in the late 1 round for Terry as well. Ball would easily become the face of the team.

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I really don't see that happening.  Wiggins makes about $3M more than Vooch, and if the rookie scale stays the same, we'd pay another $9M for the #2 draft pick.  Assuming Fournier opts in, there's a good chance we would be paying the luxury tax for a team that probably wouldn't even make the playoffs.

4 hours ago, LaVar said:

I would say ball and the European forward are top tier talents. Those are players you trade for. If we truly like fultz, as our future, then don't trade. Grab his back up at 15. I would trade to get a pick in the late 1 round for Terry as well. Ball would easily become the face of the team.

It really depends on your evaluation of the players at the top and also on your evaluation of Fultz. 

If you think Fultz has all star potential I can't see a world where he and Lamelo fit together (though I do think Lamelo's probably got the most upside in the draft).

I like Deni but I don't think he's got all star upside. I actually think his upside is like an AG level player. Starting forward on a good team. He'd have to make giant leaps as a ball handler and shooter for him to be more than that. 

The theory of what Ant Edwards could be is a nice fit on this team either next to Fultz or not (depending on your opinion of Fultz) but his shot selection is dreadful, he plays no defense despite his immense tools and for a top 5 guy in his class he's never finished a season over .500 (like ever, not high school or AAU or college). 

With Terry I think if you want him, rather than trying to trade back into the draft, it'll cost less to either trade back to about 18-20 or just pick him at 15. Getting a second pick in this draft would probably cost us our 2021 pick and that's a pretty exciting class so if anything I'd be trying to acquire more picks in that draft.

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It really depends on your evaluation of the players at the top and also on your evaluation of Fultz. 

If you think Fultz has all star potential I can't see a world where he and Lamelo fit together (though I do think Lamelo's probably got the most upside in the draft).

I like Deni but I don't think he's got all star upside. I actually think his upside is like an AG level player. Starting forward on a good team. He'd have to make giant leaps as a ball handler and shooter for him to be more than that. 

The theory of what Ant Edwards could be is a nice fit on this team either next to Fultz or not (depending on your opinion of Fultz) but his shot selection is dreadful, he plays no defense despite his immense tools and for a top 5 guy in his class he's never finished a season over .500 (like ever, not high school or AAU or college). 

With Terry I think if you want him, rather than trying to trade back into the draft, it'll cost less to either trade back to about 18-20 or just pick him at 15. Getting a second pick in this draft would probably cost us our 2021 pick and that's a pretty exciting class so if anything I'd be trying to acquire more picks in that draft.

I don't think ball and fultz fit, so if ball is drafted, fultz would be moved. 

As far as dani, I really like the warriors eye for talent. They didn't miss in the draft. Plus dani is going to benefit from the luka effect and his pro experience. Therefore, I am high on him. I don't think the magic want him but I can see him do really well on the right team. He remains me of Gordon Hayward or TONI KUKOC. 

I am hoping teams think the draft is so bad that we can get a second 1st round pick on the cheap. I think Terry has good upside but not at 15. I would try Terry late 1st. 

On 10/24/2020 at 3:10 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Name me any draft where the player taken at 15 was better then the player taken at 2? maybe 2004 Al Jefferson over Emeka Okafur... But you have a better chance of drafting a star player at 2 then 15 so the odds are more in favor of a top 4 being somethin then a 15 being somthing.