Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

SVG one of the 4 finalists for Pelicans job. Be a shame because he's great on TNT.

I’d like to see both Van Gundys coaching against each other

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

SVG one of the 4 finalists for Pelicans job. Be a shame because he's great on TNT.

Stan getting the full potential out of Zion, BI and Lonzo is something I’m 100% here for

On 10/14/2020 at 5:55 AM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’d like to see both Van Gundys coaching against each other

I'd like to see them on the same team, with talent!

I was just reading OMD and his ideas on trade targets and i Would actually be interested in the Sacremento or the GoldenState Trade ideas..

Buddy Heild / Andrew Wiggins

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I was just reading OMD and his ideas on trade targets and i Would actually be interested in the Sacremento or the GoldenState Trade ideas..

Buddy Heild / Andrew Wiggins

Contracts too expensive for too long

I might be okay with Hield, but Wiggins’ lack of defense scares me, especially with Vuc in and Isaac out. Didn’t see the proposals - what do they have us giving up?

The 76ers have hired our Director of Scouting Prosper Karangwa. He was a hold over from the Hennigan days but had 2 promotions since Weltman arrived so we still obviously thought highly of him.

So I guess the consensus I’m seeing here is that we bring back mostly the same boring roster (- Isaac) and go through the motions for yet another season with no reasonable expectation for any significant improvement.  If we do that, I’m not sure how many of our games I’m going to watch.  There should always be some reason for hope to keep fans interested but I’m just not seeing it at this point.  Hope they do something to surprise me.  

• Like 1

Maybe it's the consensus about what we think it's going to happen, but I really hope that is not the consensus about what we would need. At least, it's not mine, as I've repeatedly indicated my concerns about the approach that the FO has mantained in those past seasons.