Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jeff Weltman got a single first place vote for NBA exec of the year and I'm not entirely sure why? I'm not a hater of his like some people and I'm ok with the moves that have (or haven't) been made but this year his two biggest moves were signing Aminu and drafting Okeke and it's safe to say both of those are TBD. Like did Masai Ujiri just vote for his friend or something? 

EDIT: I guess he also resigned Vuc and TRoss... God last off-season feels like a million years ago. 

Don’t forget picking up Ennis and Clark

8 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Don’t forget picking up Ennis and Clark

Yea those were both nice small moves but they don't really change my point. 

Trade idea:

Trade Vuc to the Warriors for Wiggins and the Nr. 2 Pick

Trade Fournier, the Nr. 2 + 15 Pick to the Bulls for LaVine and the Nr. 4 Pick. 
Draft Wiseman or Okongow with the Nr. 4 Pick.

Fultz/Augustine and or MCW

LaVine/Ross

Wiggins/Ross/Okeke (Isaac will start after his injurie)

Gordon/Aminu/Okeke

Bamba/Wiswman or Okongow/Birch

The Chicago guard was given the usage rate of a super star, at 31.2 percent. This sat 11th in the NBA amongst players to appear in at least 16 games (about 1/4 of the season), just behind Joel Embiid (31.5 percent) and ahead of legend LeBron James (30.8 percent).

Although he hit some clutch threes and threw down some flashy dunks, the stats show that LaVine is clearly not suited to be the Bulls’ top option. Or anyone’s, for that matter.

Despite leading the team in scoring, LaVine was not a clear plus on the court for the Bulls. Amongst Bulls players to appear in at least 1/4 of games, he finished ninth in NETRTG at -4.4, lower than the team’s average net rating of -3.1.

The on/off splits aren’t pretty either. Although the offense faired +4.0 better in Offensive rating with LaVine, the Bulls allowed opponents to have a +9.0 better ORTG when LaVine was on the court vs. when he was on the bench. The offense LaVine created was outweighed by the points he gave up, with the Bulls overall fairing a difference of -5.0 ORTG worse with LaVine on the court.

Yikes. Not a great look for a player that some wanted to see make his first All-Star appearance this season.

Not only is LaVine the defensive equivalent of Swiss cheese, but he also is a paperweight holding down the flow of the Chicago offense. Compared to this year’s All-Star guards, his assist to turnover ratio is abysmal. LaVine finished with a 1.23 assist/turnover ratio, far worse than any guard to make the All-Star game in 2020.

LaVine has a clear inability to create for his teammates and to hold onto the ball. He couldn’t even fair better than rookie point guard Coby White (1.61) in assist/turnover ratio.

You also can’t say it’s because he had to carry the Bulls’ offense, considering Trae Young was in a similar situation and still faired far better in the same statistic. LaVine just isn’t a safe hand to have the ball in (3.4 TO, 10th in the NBA), and he’s not enough of a creator to justify his ball dominant play (just 4.2 APG)

At this point you may be thinking, well he can’t defend, he can’t playmake or ball handle but he can score! Well, kind of. Yes, he’s good for 20+ a game, but he’s not exactly the epitome of efficiency.

In isolation, LaVine puts up .91 points per possession. To compare this to Chicago’s other guards: Kris Dunn puts up 1.00 PPP, Satoransky puts up .96, and  White scores .79. On the team he supposedly leads, LaVine isn’t even the most efficient iso scorer.

In the pick and roll, LaVine didn’t fair much better. As a ball handler LaVine shot a 48.2 eFG% on 7.3 FGA, which is very comparable to CJ McCollum. (48.3 eFG%, on 7.2 FGA).

Kindly put, LaVine is just a glorified McCollum with hops. He scores at a similar rate in the pick and roll (one of the most often run and fundamental plays in the NBA), is equally horrendous on defense, but is actually far worse at holding onto the ball (CJ has a 2.4 A/TO).

https://pippenainteasy.com/2020/10/04/chicago-bulls-zach-lavine-not-no-1-option/

not exactly a weltham type player 

19 hours ago, Captain said:

If it’s the one that I read it basically states that no one is off the table for the Magic to trade. But it didn’t go into specific trade options

Thanks for looking for me 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think it has more to do with his willingness to gamble on Fultz and it sorta looking like it’s going to pay off. 

1 minute ago, MagicFanDan said:

I think it has more to do with his willingness to gamble on Fultz and it sorta looking like it’s going to pay off. 

Yea that's true but technically that move wasn't made this season so shouldn't really have factored in (although there's definitely a chance it did factor in). 

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I agree with you, he made several decent small moves, but nothing that should have gotten a vote. 

7 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I quite liked a few of these scenarios for AG, if you keep going there was another article who the Magic should target in the North West

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2020/10/08/orlando-magic-trade-targets-aaron-gordon-trade-scenarios/

If we trade AG for Gary Harris, Keita Bates Diop and a 2nd round pick Ill be giving up on Magic basketball. That is one of the worst AG trades I've ever seen suggested. (For what it's worth I'm not a huge fan of any of those trades)