Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I like Gordon Hayward, if we could get him to play alongside Vuc without giving up too much I'd do it but I doubt that's possible. 

You can't take away his talent, but I would have to agree, he has a short shelf life which means, even if we did make the playoffs,  the likelihood that he would not be in uniform defeats the purpose. 

Now, if we could give up Evan in the process, I would do it in a heartbeat!

If I'm Clifford and the coaching staff I'm spending a lot of time thinking about how Jimmy Butler can have 40 points without shooting a 3 in the Finals against a great defense and how we can apply that to Fultz. Now obviously there was just tremendous shot making which you've either got or you haven't but I still think there are lessons to be learned in the types of actions the Heat use to get Butler advantage situations.

Some of it is a mentality thing, Markelle is big enough and athletic enough to get to the rim when he sees any daylight even if defenders are sagging off or going under screens, that's something Butler is elite at. Especially when you consider Markelle is often guarded by guards who are smaller than him. 

And some of it is on Markelle to improve his game. Drawing fouls, posting up small guys one on one. If he's never going to be a 3 point shooter these are the things he's going to have to be good at to be a star. (And if he's not a star he probably can't be a starter without a solid 3 point shot). 

Does anyone have any idea of what the timing of NBA schedule looks like going forward?  Have they announced anything about the draft or when the next season might start?

On 10/2/2020 at 5:09 PM, jmmagicfan said:

I like Hayward, but I would have to agree.

I would assume his price in FA would be reduced become of his injury history. 

Do you agree?  If so at what price would you be interested in Hayward? 

Anybody have ESPN+ and know what trades they suggested involving the Magic in there article that was just published? 

I’d be interested in how  ESPN values our current players (specifically Evan and AG). 

On 10/5/2020 at 8:05 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Draft is Nov 18th. That's all I know. Think that's the only date locked in. 

Thank you

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 12:18 PM, MagicFanDan said:

Anybody have ESPN+ and know what trades they suggested involving the Magic in there article that was just published? 

I’d be interested in how  ESPN values our current players (specifically Evan and AG). 

If it’s the one that I read it basically states that no one is off the table for the Magic to trade. But it didn’t go into specific trade options

Jeff Weltman got a single first place vote for NBA exec of the year and I'm not entirely sure why? I'm not a hater of his like some people and I'm ok with the moves that have (or haven't) been made but this year his two biggest moves were signing Aminu and drafting Okeke and it's safe to say both of those are TBD. Like did Masai Ujiri just vote for his friend or something? 

EDIT: I guess he also resigned Vuc and TRoss... God last off-season feels like a million years ago.