Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

On 9/24/2020 at 11:41 AM, HeartAndHustle said:

I wouldn't do this deal. Maybe I'm missing something, but we would give up Khem and slide down 9 spots in the draft to get a below average shooter. That's on a team where Giannis is getting people open shots, too. Does Donte DiVincenzo do something I don't see in his stats?

I have heard. He is high end defender 

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I have to agree especially if there is no scorer/shooter with athleticism at 15. Dante could be a Lavine type in a year or two. And he’s not afraid!

Sorry but I really don't see any Lavine in Dante. Not saying that I don't like him, I just don't see the comparison.

• Like 1

Bleacher report is garbage but at least they know if the Magic are part of a trade, it will be low-impact like in the article. First of all regarding the trade Toronto will never trade Lowry, he is basically the most accomplished Raptor. They rewarded him by giving him one more year and he played brilliantly last year.Secondly, if you don't like Dante that's cool but we have to start taking chances on some young players, not just the ones we draft. Draft is a crap shoot. We are going to languish for a half decade unless we start picking up some low key players that can get better.

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d love Donte in Orlando

Same, just shows people half the people on this forum do not watch games. Anyhow as boring as it sounds do not expect much change. For once it would be smarter to wait until at least mid season or after next season.Biggest moves by the Magic in order;Which back-up point guard do we retain if any.Do we use our bi annual exception on anyone.Do we even try to extend Isaac or Fultz. And finally do we extend Evan.

16 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Same, just shows people half the people on this forum do not watch games. Anyhow as boring as it sounds do not expect much change. For once it would be smarter to wait until at least mid season or after next season.Biggest moves by the Magic in order;Which back-up point guard do we retain if any.Do we use our bi annual exception on anyone.Do we even try to extend Isaac or Fultz. And finally do we extend Evan.

I'm not sure what watching games has got to do with it, I've watched plenty of games and Divincenzo just isn't that good. Unless he becomes a considerably better 3 point shooter I can't see how he improves our team. If we'd have drafted him people would be complaining he's another guy who's not a good enough shooter but because he plays for the Bucks we should trade for him? His best skill is as an off the dribble mid range shooter, cool, we could use that but he's not a better player than Fournier and he's not a better player than Ross and he might not even be a better player than a guy like Tyrese Maxey who we could potentially pick at 15 so why does it prove that "half this board don't watch games" because we don't want to trade for him? 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm not sure what watching games has got to do with it, I've watched plenty of games and Divincenzo just isn't that good. Unless he becomes a considerably better 3 point shooter I can't see how he improves our team. If we'd have drafted him people would be complaining he's another guy who's not a good enough shooter but because he plays for the Bucks we should trade for him? His best skill is as an off the dribble mid range shooter, cool, we could use that but he's not a better player than Fournier and he's not a better player than Ross and he might not even be a better player than a guy like Tyrese Maxey who we could potentially pick at 15 so why does it prove that "half this board don't watch games" because we don't want to trade for him? 

Again the first thing i said is it's ok if you don't like Dante.He is nothing special yet.However, he is 6'4 200 pounds, plays defense and he is cheap.His numbers also were better in the playoffs which is always a good sign. He is a second year player. They are not going to trade Dante, every team needs cheap young players who fill in the gaps.

The point i'm making is he has the potential to get better. Every trade can't be about getting an all-star. Lets face it half the players in the draft are complete busts. Some turn into stars and some turn into rotation players.Some teams do a better job of acquiring rotation players through savy trades, sometimes they are just helping other teams make trades.

• Upvote 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29984989/minnesota-timberwolves-guard-malik-beasley-facing-felony-weapons-drug-charges

Charged is not guilty, but does raise concerns about his future. I like his game and was disappointed when he was traded to the TWolves. Many, myself included, had hoped to bring him here via trade. Less so now if this is true.