Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MagicMoses said:

Miami winning might make the Celtics want to trade for a C and Vucevic’s value has never been higher imo

This... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

What can I say... I really hope you're right for the love we all have for our beloved team. :)

Even if I disagree on some points, yours are all valid and I really enjoy discussing that way.

Just one note: I don't think that I've judged that FO for the reputation that the previous ones had. Obviously they haven't been in place for 10+ years like the Miami ones, so I agree that is a long term thing. At the same time, even only judging what they've made in those 3 seasons, I just can't help myself to be skeptical. Hope I'm completely wrong, obviously.

 

That was more a comment on the reputation around the league thing. I know you weren't specifically judging them, it was worded poorly by me. 

And I definitely get the skepticism. It can be frustrating to see the same guys every year and no big improvement to show for it I get that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Miami isn't finding a Duncan Robinson every off-season. They're not drafting a Bam every off-season either.

I need to disagree here. Miami has been crushing it in recent years in their scouting and development. Nunn, Herro, Robinson and Bam have all far outplayed their projections. Is that luck? I don’t think so. There’s a clear pattern and program in place in Miami that is better than what we have in Orlando. I’m still hopeful for the WeltHam regime but that’s based on their history not their production thus far in Orlando.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, our team needs to establish a plan and culture and then move forward. Then our team needs to be willing to trade or let some of our high usage vets go in order to find the Nunns, VanVleets, Richardsons and Herros of the world. To me that would mean saying goodbye to people like DJ, Fournier, etc.

The hard part in Orlando is we don’t have an alpha dog in the locker room who knows what it takes to win. To set the culture. It may be small but there’s a reason Haslem is still on the bench. A lot of work to do in Orlando to take that next step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MagicMoses said:

Miami winning might make the Celtics want to trade for a C and Vucevic’s value has never been higher imo

 You know after all these years, i think i would feel kinda sad if he were traded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

This... 

This, for me, is the same old illusion that will never happen. They don't need that kind of center at all, they already have a good center that fits perfectly with all the other pieces, and when they wanted one of a different kind (offensive minded), they signed Kanter for cheap. They also have a couple of young bigs that could grow into a bigger role.

Also, I'm still confident that Boston will win even if they're down 0-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

 You know after all these years, i think i would feel kinda sad if he were traded. 

He impressed me in the first round match-up this year but imo with the team constructed the way it is I think it’s time to pull the plug. Might have to get a third team involved thinking about their roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

This, for me, is the same old illusion that will never happen. They don't need that kind of center at all, they already have a good center that fits perfectly with all the other pieces, and when they wanted one of a different kind (offensive minded), they signed Kanter for cheap. They also have a couple of young bigs that could grow into a bigger role.

Also, I'm still confident that Boston will win even if they're down 0-2.

I think Vuc is bigger than Theis and more mobile and better defensively than Kanter imo (also stretches the floor better) and there was rumoured interest from them before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

This, for me, is the same old illusion that will never happen. They don't need that kind of center at all, they already have a good center that fits perfectly with all the other pieces, and when they wanted one of a different kind (offensive minded), they signed Kanter for cheap. They also have a couple of young bigs that could grow into a bigger role.

Also, I'm still confident that Boston will win even if they're down 0-2.

Honestly, I’m not sure they’ve found their perfect center solution. They nearly lost to Toronto and are struggling against Miami. And it’s really uncertain how they’d fair against Davis or Jokic if they did make the Finals. 

Vooch is a really solid player and would give Boston or another playoff team a lot of versatility. I actually think we keep him because our offense is so bad and Bamba has looked so inconsistent, but I also wouldn’t mind trading him for a legit wing or prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I need to disagree here. Miami has been crushing it in recent years in their scouting and development. Nunn, Herro, Robinson and Bam have all far outplayed their projections. Is that luck? I don’t think so. There’s a clear pattern and program in place in Miami that is better than what we have in Orlando. I’m still hopeful for the WeltHam regime but that’s based on their history not their production thus far in Orlando.

Oh for sure they've recruited well and developed talent well recently to build this team I don't deny that and didn't mean to play that down. But there have been plenty of offseasons's since Riley got there where they didn't find one of the best shooters on the planet as a UFA was my point. As in I'm sure I could find a couple years in Riley's tenure where he didn't draft someone good in the second round or pick up a UFA who became a key role player.

(To be fair he hasn't actually used many draft picks. A lot of them have been traded to dump salary or traded for random player rentals.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×