Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

I just hope that somehow Vuc and Fournier would be gone...absolutely can’t stand them on our team anymore...

• Upvote 3

Won’t be easy to get rid off Vuc and maintain cap flexibility. Most probably will  be forced to get back bad contracts. But if any foolish team would take him for an expiring contract all real Orlando fans must celebrate )

But, but . . .Look at our tough guy, Vuch!  /sarcasm

*Take A Closer Look At The Picture Below*

' Vucevic's Jumper Sinks Hawks, Gives Magic A Much-Needed Win '

Feb 7, 2016; Orlando, FL, USA; Orlando Magic center Nikola Vucevic (9) celebrates with teammates after hitting the game winning basket with under a second to go in the game at Amway Center. The Magic won 96-94.   -   Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

wfDwFC.jpg

ORLANDO - His scoring may have dipped significantly this season, but Orlando Magic center Nikola Vucevic has learned how to score when it counts the most.

Vucevic, now in his fifth NBA season, hit a game-winning, fadeaway jumper at the buzzer Sunday afternoon, carrying the Magic to a desperately needed 96-94 victory over the Atlanta Hawks at the Amway Center.

It was his second buzzer-beating, game-winning jumper this season. Vucevic beat the Lakers in November in an almost-identical situation.

Link:  https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/sports/professional/hawks/vucevics-jumper-sinks-hawks-gives-magic-a-much-needed-win/article_238d777f-b4a7-5f41-8f93-0252a94dc591.html

Honestly don’t expect this team to look much different next year. Can’t see anybody trading for Vooch, can’t see Fournier opting out, could see us trading Gordon just to shake things up, but I don’t like the idea unless it’s a bigger package that either gets us a Booker/McCollum/BeaI, or a high pick... also think we’re exactly the kind of franchise right now that’s gonna re-sign DJ for 3 years at 15 million even though we should move on.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Honestly don’t expect this team to look much different next year. Can’t see anybody trading for Vooch, can’t see Fournier opting out, could see us trading Gordon just to shake things up, but I don’t like the idea unless it’s a bigger package that either gets us a Booker/McCollum/BeaI, or a high pick... also think we’re exactly the kind of franchise right now that’s gonna re-sign DJ for 3 years at 15 million even though we should move on.

We unfortunately put ourselves in this position. Fournier should have been traded last year when it was looking like he was going to opt out. The FO didnt seem to mind to lose him for nothing which is crazy to me. 

3 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

We unfortunately put ourselves in this position. Fournier should have been traded last year when it was looking like he was going to opt out. The FO didnt seem to mind to lose him for nothing which is crazy to me. 

Assuming Fournier opts in, he will hold good value as a solid role player on an expiring contract.

I think we can all agree the first 7 seeds next year are set in stone.  Hopefully the front office finally realizes it's just a matter of time before someone below us in the standings surpasses us for the 8th seed and it's time for wholesale changes to this team and it's future direction.  To me the playoffs are not fun when you have no chance to do anything and no flexibility to get significantly better in the off-season.  Definition of NBA no mans land or a treadmill team!  We have to find some way to get that type of player to excite the fan base and change the direction of this franchise.  Will it be easy?  of course not.  But we have to try!

I'm fairly convinced at this point that if anything was going to stop us from staying the course it would be how things have gone with Judah this year.

How depressing.

Last summer I was pretty much willing to put up with anything to see how Isaac developed. Now...

With Gentry on the way out in New Orleans I wonder if there'll be some turnover in their other coaching staff. Just thinking Fred Vinson has been credited for a lot of the improvement of Brandon Ingram (33% to 39%) and Lonzo Ball (33% to 37%) as 3 point shooters. If there's any chance he's looking for a change of scenery, pay him. Pay him and assign him to Markelle Fultz. Just have him follow Fultz around. Even if you think it only marginally improves your chances of making Fultz a good jump shooter it's worth it.