Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

On 9/5/2020 at 1:25 PM, jmmagicfan said:

This does make me a bit sad, especially Dennis. I think he is always well prepared and very articulate. Honestly, Ritchie isn’t my favorite, and I don’t have an opinion on Joey, as I don’t have enough Spanish to listen to him. But it does seem like a cost-cutting move.

Why a cost cutting move?  They will still have to field a radio team.  Dennis seemed like a nice guy, but in recent years he’s gotten away from doing the play by play properly.  A good part of the time when I’d be listening to him I would not know what was going on.  

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Why a cost cutting move?  They will still have to field a radio team.  Dennis seemed like a nice guy, but in recent years he’s gotten away from doing the play by play properly.  A good part of the time when I’d be listening to him I would not know what was going on.  

Length of time with the organization suggests they have received increases over time and that it may be cheaper to bring newer people in. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jmmagicfan said:

Length of time with the organization suggests they have received increases over time and that it may be cheaper to bring newer people in. 

Maybe although broadcasters for pro teams probably command a certain salary range.  There aren't that many.

6 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Billy D available again

Seems like OKC are going to blow it up. Be interesting to see where all their pieces go. Have to imagine they're going to trade CP3, Schroeder, maybe Steven Adams too. Plus Gallo, Roberson and Noel are free agents. They could be a very different team by the start of next season.

Just seen Evan Fournier bought a $3 million house in the Orlando area. That doesn't bode well for the hope that we don't extend him... Although maybe he'll still use it as a second home in the summer. 

10 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Billy D available again

Seem to remember that someone dreamed about him in Orlando...

Now we only need to fire Clifford. Simple as that! :D

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Seem to remember that someone dreamed about him in Orlando...

Now we only need to fire Clifford. Simple as that! :D

I've wanted Billy Donovan in Orlando for a while, have been vocal about it. I doubt they'll fire Clifford yet, though. Maybe after another year. Hopefully Billy D takes the season off. I doubt it, but...

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just seen Evan Fournier bought a $3 million house in the Orlando area. That doesn't bode well for the hope that we don't extend him... Although maybe he'll still use it as a second home in the summer. 

Yeah i saw this on another board....hold on to your horses i can see them resigning him. Just imagine our management offering 4 years for 60 million and being happy because he took a discount to stay.I can hear the story i my head, "Magics best shooter, buys mansion, takes discount to stay in the Central Florida!"

32 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I honestly think the only way we bring him back is if the trade market for him is non existent and he's an all star next year or something.

The biggest problem with Evan is the same the last 3 years. We have neither drafted a clear replacement, nor have we traded for one, unless you count Ross.

Management could easily see a cheaper Evan as better then no Evan, and they would be right to a certain degree. I could get behind a 12 million dollars a year Evan, for a very simple reason. At that price he is an asset. He is still young, and he can hit 3's and also handle the ball a little bit. Plus he is 6'7.  In fact i think the most likely thing we do in the off season is sign Evan and offer Fultz an extension, no other changes except maybe getting Dj or MCW back. 

So my super early prediction. resign Evan, for what i hope will be a 4 year 50 million dollar contract but i think is closer to 62.

Extend Fultz to a similar contract as Aaron Gordon also keep Gordon. Wait to extend Isaac, nobody is going to offer him a poison pill contract.