Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I hope we see Fultz push the pace in transition because that’s when we excel and start moving the ball around as a team and get easy buckets. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but if Markelle has a real breakout all star level season are we like a 5th-6th seed? 

Yes definitely 

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but if Markelle has a real breakout all star level season are we like a 5th-6th seed? 

Ehhh. There are 5 teams right now in the East that are definitely better than us by a good margin: the Bucks, Heat, Nets, 76ers and Celtics. We’ll see how the Wizards, Hawks, Pistons and Hornets wind up after their offseason, Raptors and Pacers are probably due for a step back but we’ll see. Only the Cavs, Knicks and Bulls are pretty much guaranteed to be bad. It could be the best Eastern Conference we’ve seen in quite some time, especially if Harden gets dealt cross-conference. I see our absolute best case being the 6 seed, absolute worst (not including any significant injuries) being 12th in conference.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Huge win for the Bucks but also a very hopeful piece of news for all small market teams. 

Yup, great for the NBA, more parity. Now let's form a team worthy of poaching Giannis 3 years from  now....lol.

Hey Magic fans, lets talk about rookie of the year awards! I think now is the time to bet on Cole! 

Here are the rookies i think could possibly get the minutes to win it. Remember things change quickly in the league.

Obvious rookies who will get the minutes to possibly win it.

Edwards, Ball and Toppin. That's it! This is the short list of rookies who should get major minutes drafted before Cole at 15. The Timberwolves are loaded with scorers, and i think Edwards is going to struggle.

Second list of rookies who should get plenty of minutes once they realize it's the best thing for the team.

Wiseman, only if he is instantly better then other options. They want to win and have a system. Only including him of he lives up to the hype.

Okoro, obvious choice to get major minutes once Cleveland is firmly in the abyss. 

Hayes, but only if they trade a few people.  Doubt he has a full season of doing anything.

Deni Avdija, this is if he fits perfectly into a much needed role with the Wizards. This could happen, if he is as talented as projected.

Vassell, mostly because who knows what the Spurs are going to do, but i doubt it.

Then our boy Cole!!!! 

He obviously has the alpha scorer personality. Depending upon what happens with our line-ups, injuries, trades whatever. He could be a sneaky pick for rookie of the year.

Why not? I think Ball and Edwards could suck and Toppin is on one of the most dysfunctional teams in history. The rest of the other rookies might not get enough chances in a productive offense. Cole could be a major player in our offensive starved offense.

So there it is!

Cole for rookie of the year!