Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

11 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Yeah, I have to type out forum.truebluenation.com to get it to bring me to the right place

Me too

16 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

That (Aminu) was a terrible move from the start, and now with that bad luck it's looking even worse.

Only bright spot, as some of you already wrote, is that opens potential playing time for young guys... hopefully at least, we'll see in which direction Clifford goes with the rotation.

One of the dumbest free agent signings the moment it happened.

Dude was never much better than any scrub you can find for the vet min

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Dude was never much better than any scrub you can find for the vet min

Maybe that is a bit too harsh :), I can see him in the right team that needs his abilities, and he was quite effective in Portland with two dominant offensive players (even if he had troubles in the playoffs)

The point for me was: we're already a defensive minded team, we already have defensive minded forwards, we're not a contender, so what's the point of signing that kind of player to a multiyear contract? I could have understood a one year contract (would have been useful with all the injuries, and it was a good short term solution waiting for Okeke) but that long term commitment was one of the decisions that make me lost faith on that FO.

At the time I was said that it was "only" 10m, that it was tradable at any time... even if it was true, you don't sign a bad contract for a bad fit thinking that you can trade it later... that's exactly the kind of move that leads nowhere, stuck you into mediocrity and cap hell.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Yeah, I have to type out forum.truebluenation.com to get it to bring me to the right place

Not sure if this will work for you, but I cleared my History for All Time on my phone's browser, and now I'm not having the issue. 

So Bamba isn't suffering from any Covid complications as was assumed except that it set his conditioning way back but he's running 3.5 miles a day to get back in shape and he's not nearly as far away from playing as Clifford implied according to him. (Per Josh Robbins at the Athletic)

(It should be noted that Clifford was also repeatedly saying Fultz was a long way from playing last off-season and then he started game 1 if my memory serves)

Ok one last offseason thread, even though that time is done. The reason i'm posting this is because of the the Terrance Ross injury. My post will only make sense based on two things.

Number one, the Magic are trying to win. Can we all agree on this? Obviously we have rolled it back and our executives value playoff appearances. Also Vucevic is our best player and is signed for 3 more years. I do not believe we will lose enough to be anywhere close to a top 3 pick. 

Number two, the Spurs know they are not even close to a playoff team. Last year they missed the playoffs for the first time in 20 seasons. 

My trade is simple, both teams benefit big time if the Magic want to win this year.

https://tradenba.com/trades/8rN5KlLhe

Reasons why the Magic do this trade.

DeMar had his best season as a pro last year, not gonna link anything but you can look it up. Yes i know people will point out he doesn't shoot the 3 ball but i'm tired of hearing about that. Neither do Bam Adebayo or Jimmy Butler but they are the highest paid players on a finals team. Scoring points and creating a shot for others is just as important. 

Facts are Bamba and Aminu are probably going to have little impact on this season. I see this as a virtual lock. You heard the press conference, you know our coach. These guys are injured or ineffective, they are not getting minutes. Ross is a little tricky. I think he will miss at least a month. By the time he comes back we might be contemplating trading him or someone else. Yes his contract is great, but that factors into what i think we will do moving forward, resigning Fultz and Isaac. The future of the Magic is in the hands of Fultz,Isaac,Chuma and Cole. Let's help them out. Getting DeRozan and Samanic helps us this year and helps us next year with our cap. Basically it consolidates dead money and gives us a clearer path forwards. 

Now why do the Spurs do this? Easy, they are going to lose Gay, DeRozan and Aldridge after the season or in season through trades. If they are smart they will try to lose enough to get a top 3 pick next year. It's exactly how they drafted Duncan, they have done this before. Our players are perfect for this! None of them will help them win now but all three can be an asset. Aminu after this season is perfect filler for a trade. Bamba is a center prospect that i think fits their team more then ours. Ross will come back perfectly healthy, just not right now, which helps them lose. Combined those 3 are more flexible assets then DeMar's contract. More importantly, they pile up the losses. Trust me, i'm sure they want to trade Aldridge,Derozan and Gay, they might as well start as soon as possible.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:29 AM, CTMagicUK said:

So Bamba isn't suffering from any Covid complications as was assumed except that it set his conditioning way back but he's running 3.5 miles a day to get back in shape and he's not nearly as far away from playing as Clifford implied according to him. (Per Josh Robbins at the Athletic)

(It should be noted that Clifford was also repeatedly saying Fultz was a long way from playing last off-season and then he started game 1 if my memory serves)

I fully believe that Clifford is gonna give Cole and Chuma all the burn they can handle... I also fully believe that unless Birch gets hurt, Clifford is always gonna play him over Bamba, regardless of Mo’s health.

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I fully believe that Clifford is gonna give Cole and Chuma all the burn they can handle...

I fully believe he's not.
As for Derozan, I would make that trade only because he's an expiring, so it would be a move to clear our cap situation.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

As for Derozan, I would make that trade only because he's an expiring, so it would be a move to clear our cap situation.

Exactly. It's literally one of the last moves we could make considering we have not pulled the trigger the last two years. And now Ross's injury provides an excuse and fits our obvious goal of competing. 

8 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

He's kind of got no choice with Cole. We literally cleared the way for him to get real minutes by letting DJ go and not bringing any other PGs in. 

• Upvote 2