Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

29 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Is Fultz unrestricted at end of season?

No. Restricted so we'll have the power to match whatever offer he gets (provided we extend the qualifying offer). That's if we don't sign him to an extension this off-season.

• Upvote 1

Just listened to the Cliff press zoom thing. Most of the key notes have been posted as tweets already but it was interesting to me that he spoke about Dwayne Bacon like he was a prospect with a lot of potential to be a high level player and not as a 15th man we just signed to a vet minimum to play a small role. 

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just listened to the Cliff press zoom thing. Most of the key notes have been posted as tweets already but it was interesting to me that he spoke about Dwayne Bacon like he was a prospect with a lot of potential to be a high level player and not as a 15th man we just signed to a vet minimum to play a small role. 

Prepare for over playing of bacon at the cost of developing other talent

this franchise is a mess with our coaching and our seemingly do nothing front office 

27 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

this franchise is a mess with our coaching and our seemingly do nothing front office 

I agree but if he takes more of Evan’s minutes then I’m all for it. 

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I agree but if he takes more of Evan’s minutes then I’m all for it. 

I think at the beginning of the season we will see a deep rotation, with 10-11 players getting regular rotation minutes, possibly even 12, at least through the month of December. I think Bacon and Okeke will have a slight advantage over Anthony to start; since Bacon played for Clifford in Charlotte, and Okeke was with Lakeland and around our team last year. Even though he wasn't playing, he still has had a year to study our sets, learn the offensive/defensive schemes, where Anthony is starting from scratch. 

You figure our starters, Fultz/Fournier/Ennis/Gordon/Vuc will probably all get about 25-28 minutes to start the season, so that leaves 20-23 minutes at each position remaining. Ross will also get in the 25-28 minute range,  I see the breakdown something like this.

Fultz - 26/Anthony - 12/Carter-Williams 10

Fournier - 26/Ross-10/Carter-Williams 12

Ennis - 25/Ross-15/Okeke - 8

Gordon - 27/Aminu - 12/Okeke - 9

Vuc - 26/Birch - 12/Aminu - 10 (with Bamba taking Aminu/Birch's minutes as he recovers) 

That pretty much leaves Bacon, Clark, and Isaac (injured) riding the bench most of the season; or at least until someone is out sick/injured during the season. So, even though I think Bacon has a slight edge over Anthony because of familiarity, I think Anthony is more likely to get minutes because of his ability to play the point.