Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

Hoping Cole Anthony lights a fire under Bamba seeing as they are really good friends since AAU days.

I have seen a few people suggesting Mo doesnt care for basketball that much..

Gonna be interesting to see.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Jeff Green plays for the Nets

Lol you're totally right the ESPN trade machine had him on the Celtics randomly. 

That even furthers my point then actually.

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I have seen a few people suggesting Mo doesnt care for basketball that much..

Could that be because Clifford does not use him or is that from his own laziness? 

1 hour ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Could that be because Clifford does not use him or is that from his own laziness? 

Nah, signs point to him being into basketball because he is big and tall. Honestly, no slight towards him, everyone has a different journey. I'm hoping like many people that he develops good chemistry with Cole and this brings out the best in him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He seems extremely lazy on the court.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:16 PM, Jason Funderburker said:

Last we heard of Bamba he was still dealing with covid complications, so I don’t expect he plays

That was about 2 months ago 

It's been an issue since college so not a Clifford thing. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Weltman said in a predraft presser he's still working through the effects of it. 

Geez. That’s tough and discouraging. I’m thankful we have Birch. 

John Hollinger has these values for what would be fair Isaac and Fultz extensions (based on some advanced stats formula he's created):

Isaac - $30m if he was healthy but his model can't factor that in so he believes $20-22m is about right. (Bit higher than I thought but we are in a world where Tobias Harris makes $30+m a season)

Fultz - $16m a season. He says 4 years $65m overall seems reasonable.

I'd be pretty happy with the Fultz deal. I'd be a little worried about the Isaac deal but if he ended up being healthy for all 4 years it'd end up being a steal. 

And honestly I think previously I've been thinking about these extensions without factoring in the market. If Fultz made $16m next season he probably wouldn't be in the top 65 highest paid players in the league. Likewise Isaac at $20m a season would be outside the top 50 probably (it's hard to actual work out without thinking about the salary of everyone who'll be a free agent next summer or hasn't officially signed their contracts/extensions this summer even though they're agreed but that seems about right). And there's a chance those contracts will get even better relative to the league the longer they last as new TV deals lead to cap increases etc. 

On 11/29/2020 at 10:32 AM, LaVar said:

We need more pick and roll plays run.

As has been noted other teams sag under the pick and roll because Fultz doesn’t shoot well enough.